Gran Turismo 6 vs. Forza 5

Cars: Gran Turismo 6

I picked cars as the first entry for this comparison so I can rant a bit. People were loud and mad at Forza 5's 200 or so available cars. Yes, GT6 has 1,200 cars, but I'm willing to bet that most gamers won't touch many of the cars in the bottom ranks.I mean, a Daihatsu hatch isn't something you'd brag about. And Gran Turismo games offer several variations on one model. Cut the ones you'd never drive and the variations and the number would go down quite a bit.

AI: Forza Motorsport 5

GT6's AI is better than ever, but there's better out there. I'm glad to say that gone are the days where you'd find that the second- and third-place drivers would magically appear behind you when one tire touches even the smallest patch of dirt or grass. It seems less about cars following scripted paths this time around, though I can't help but think that the heat is artificially turned up near the end of the last lap. GT6's AI is good, but it still needs work.

Summary:

Again, you can't go wrong with either. I'm really glad I have both. I think of Forza 5 when I want to race, while I think of GT6 when I want to drive. That's what it really comes down to for me. I go to Forza for the flash and spectacle, I go to Gran Turismo when I want to play in an automotive toy box. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

But, if I had to pick one racing game to take to a desert island to play for the rest of my life, it would be Gran Turismo 6.

Whole topic: http://www.destructoid.com/gran-turismo-6-vs-forza-motorsport-5-266972.phtml

Gran Turismo 6 is a previous gen console title and forza 5 is a next gen console, it isn't fair at all to compare them! Its like comparing gran turismo 2 to gran turismo 3

I was watching a youtube video of GT6 today and thought the graphics were pretty disappointing compared to Forza.  Maybe the two are more similar in real life but Forza looks more impressive to me.

The Xbox one is significantly more powerful than the ps3, thus forza 5 will offer more realism than gran turismo 6. This is a stupid comparison :angry:

"But, if I had to pick one racing game to take to a desert island to play for the rest of my life, it would be Gran Turismo 6."

Oh god no. After playing both games, I'd never play GT6 again. It looks like absolute trash compared to F5.

• Like 1

"But, if I had to pick one racing game to take to a desert island to play for the rest of my life, it would be Gran Turismo 6."

Oh god no. After playing both games, I'd never play GT6 again. It looks like absolute trash compared to F5.

Imagine that a next gen game looks better then a previous gen game.

Believe it or not though some people care about more then just graphics in a game. The article does state the graphics are significantly better in F5. But with more tracks, more cars, better career mode, and less annoying micro-transactions GT6 edges it out in the authors view. He does state both are great games though.

• Like 1

Daft to compare the two, especially graphically.

If you want to compare GT5 and GT6 though... I can't help but shake the feeling that GT5 looked more polished. The new lighting in GT6 is gorgeous (and a PS4 away from being as good as Forza 5's) as are the premium car models, but sometimes (and particularly on Bathurst, but it doesn't show in the video) the aliasing gets so rough and the shadows so glitchy it makes the game look truly awful. However, it isn't that bad on all the tracks, and on the whole I am enjoying GT6 more than GT5.

Daft to compare the two, especially graphically.

If you want to compare GT5 and GT6 though... I can't help but shake the feeling that GT5 looked more polished. The new lighting in GT6 is gorgeous (and a PS4 away from being as good as Forza 5's) as are the premium car models, but sometimes (and particularly on Bathurst, but it doesn't show in the video) the aliasing gets so rough and the shadows so glitchy it makes the game look truly awful. However, it isn't that bad on all the tracks, and on the whole I am enjoying GT6 more than GT5.

Well, here you go:

Gran Turismo 6 is a previous gen console title and forza 5 is a next gen console, it isn't fair at all to compare them! Its like comparing gran turismo 2 to gran turismo 3

What's unfair about it?

Just because a game is next-gen does not automatically make it better than any previous-gen titles, especially this early in a gen.

GT6 is a miracle of racing games. It is amazing what Polyphony was able to come up with, on such an old system and create something so fresh, fun and addictive.

I believe it beats Forza 5 hands down especially in terms of variety, driving experience and making you want to continue playing and learn every single car on every single track.

GT6 is a miracle of racing games. It is amazing what Polyphony was able to come up with, on such an old system and create something so fresh, fun and addictive.

I believe it beats Forza 5 hands down especially in terms of variety, driving experience and making you want to continue playing and learn every single car on every single track.

God, I'm probably going to regret this...

You're over-the-top enthusiasm really makes you sound like a Sony commercial.  The differences are much closer.

Last gen?  Sorry, but in the collective (which can vary immensely from your personal opinion, and that's alright) Forza 4 beat out GT6 on an old system! 

post-2250-0-61116400-1386705849.png  post-2250-0-76843100-1386705897.png

GT6 is tied with Forza 5 so it's more subjective.

post-2250-0-29405000-1386705894.png

Lastly, Gran Turismo 5 beat out both of the new racers.

post-2250-0-00144600-1386705896.png

Not arguing one way or the other about average scores, but games evolve and change with the times. Just because a game released 3 years ago got a 95 on metacritic at that time, doesn't mean it'd score the same today (ie. GT6 is better than GT5 yet scores lower).

Even at 1080p it's a horrible blurry mess. And why is the Forza logo so blurry compared to the GT6 logo?

capture video, compress

add forza 5 overlay, compress

add it to the splitscreen comparison video,add gt6 overlay, compress

upload to youtube, compress

• Like 2

capture video, compress

add forza 5 overlay, compress

add it to the splitscreen comparison video,add gt6 overlay, compress

upload to youtube, compress

My thoughts, exactly.