Took out TV tuner card, now PC has no power

I shut the PC down and removed the card.

Now the PC won't turn back on.

I don't think my H77M has an LED, so I can't tell if the motherboard is getting power.

I've tried changing the power cable and I've unplugged it for 10 seconds before trying again.

The plug socket was also tested, it's fine.

Any ideas? :/

Checked power connectors from PSU to motherboard? Might have gotten loose when taking out the card?

Everything seems solid :S

Do you have a PSU tester or a multimeter? You need to narrow down the issue, if you can check your PSU on another machine you can rule it out easily and start focusing on other things.

Tried to remove everything from motherboard (except CPU and PSU cables) and seen if it turns on?

I unhooked mine to blow it out, and when I plugged it back in it wouldn't turn back on. Turns out I must have had a PSU on it's last lag. Just so happens this being the last time it would ever turn off! Replaced the PSU and all was good. Might want to try that.

That's really strange! Did you take out all power connectors to the motherboard and remove the CMOS battery and let it stay for 30 sec?

That's really strange! Did you take out all power connectors to the motherboard and remove the CMOS battery and let it stay for 30 sec?

Yes, mate.

I wonder if my motherboard is somehow knackered and the card is "joining connections" or something :S

Funny thing is, I only plugged the tuner into this motherboard for the first time an hour ago! So it seems it caused the problem - but is also fixing it?

At the risk of asking a silly question, is there a power connection to the card direct? (Does the card have any additional connection other than it's designated slot on the mobo)?

Also what happens if you completely uninstall it? (Device manager etc..)?

At the risk of asking a silly question, is there a power connection to the card direct? (Does the card have any additional connection other than it's designated slot on the mobo)?

Also what happens if you completely uninstall it? (Device manager etc..)?

There is no power needed, you just connect it to the PC via. the PCI slot.

There is no point in removing it before shutting down because the PC has zero power once the card is removed.

Tis tres strange.

did you try plugging the card into a different slot? same results?

I only have one PCI slot.

Besides, I want the card out :P

I put the PCI tuner back in and it boots!

So I took it out - no boot again!

What the...?

You took the card out and say 'Fook it'

Your PC got mad and locked the power down.

You tried to turn the PC on but nothing happened.

You went 'WTF!' and PC silently laughed at you.

You inserted the card back in and PC was happy and unlocked the power.

You tried to turn the PC on and it is on.

You got confused and frustrated. 

You took the card out and PC locked the power down.

You tried to turn the PC and nothing happens..

Your PC laughed like hell. 'heheheheh.'

You got frustrated and threw the PC out of the window.

Your PC went down onto the concrete and broke into the pieces.

You went crazy without the internet.

You just remembered that you have a smartphone.

You felt better and surfed the web for new PC.

:p

BTW, it's strange. Try to replace the PSU as others said.  If you can not be able to solve, take to the tech store and have a tech look at it and see what it is.

Or you can keep the card in and leave it alone and find a new PC for better at the right time..

There is no power needed, you just connect it to the PC via. the PCI slot.

There is no point in removing it before shutting down because the PC has zero power once the card is removed.

Tis tres strange.

It is indeed, but the device manager suggestion was purely as for now, as a stop gap while you're troubleshooting, with the card inserted, and fully uninstalled, you can still use the pc,

personally I think it's most likely a damaged circuit on the mobo, although the psu could also be at fault

When you put the card in the slot do you also connect something else to the card?

Nope, it's on its own.

I have no other PCI card to test in the slot.

1) Reset toe mobo via the jumper switches if possible and _not_ the battery. If no switches, remove the battery, unplug the power cable from the PSU, attempt to start the PC (to try to drain caps), and leave off for a bit (I realize you said you already did this, but you may not have tried such a procedure; sometimes caps hold their charge for whatever reason). 

2) The Mobo could be really stupid and require a PCI card to be present to boot properly per _default_. Do you see anything in the bios settings related that you could possibly change (i.e. change the setting with the card in THEN removed the card afterwards)?

I found these related links (don't appear to have solutions):

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1387343

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-299636/computer-wont-start-without-pci-card/

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/a8n-sli-wont-boot-without-pci-card-t2277512.html (suggests that tv tuner cards can damage a particular mobo -- which is possible, I suppose)