One mouse/keyboard for your PC and Android - Synergy for Android!

This app is incredible, I just had to share it with everyone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liveov.skm&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5saXZlb3Yuc2ttIl0.

Have you ever used the program Synergy, that lets you use one mouse and keyboard shared over wifi between your PC, Mac, and Linux computers, as if they were just extra displays?  This is exactly like that, only it shares between PC and Android!

So now when I'm working on my PC, and I get a text message on my phone, I just move my PC's mouse cursor past the right edge of the screen, and suddenly I have a mouse cursor on my phone!  Even if your phone is asleep and locked, it will automatically wake it up, and then you can just use the cursor to unlock it!  Then use your keyboard to reply to the text message, and it even shares your clipboard wirelessly.  

Caveats: Requires a rooted phone for wifi sharing, otherwise you can only do it through USB-ADB.  Requires you to manually set the phone's screen orientation on the PC server side; if your phone changes screen rotations, it screws everything up.  Might not work on Androids that do not natively support a mouse cursor, but my Galaxy S3 automatically creates a mouse cursor when you plug in a USB-OTG mouse, not sure how it would work on phones that don't do that.

en ? en
server

This app is incredible, I just had to share it with everyone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liveov.skm&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5saXZlb3Yuc2ttIl0.

Have you ever used the program Synergy, that lets you use one mouse and keyboard shared over wifi between your PC, Mac, and Linux computers, as if they were just extra displays?  This is exactly like that, only it shares between PC and Android!

So now when I'm working on my PC, and I get a text message on my phone, I just move my PC's mouse cursor past the right edge of the screen, and suddenly I have a mouse cursor on my phone!  Even if your phone is asleep and locked, it will automatically wake it up, and then you can just use the cursor to unlock it!  Then use your keyboard to reply to the text message, and it even shares your clipboard wirelessly.  

Caveats: Requires a rooted phone for wifi sharing, otherwise you can only do it through USB-ADB.  Requires you to manually set the phone's screen orientation on the PC server side; if your phone changes screen rotations, it screws everything up.  Might not work on Androids that do not natively support a mouse cursor, but my Galaxy S3 automatically creates a mouse cursor when you plug in a USB-OTG mouse, not sure how it would work on phones that don't do that.

en ? en
server

I do have it installed from quite a while, it really works and is far more comfortable to have the full keyboard and mouse than just the screen for doing stuff.

Personally I just use Teamviewer to remote in to the computer from my Android and I'm fine. While I check the benefits, does someone mind telling me? I may miss something,

Personally I just use Teamviewer to remote in to the computer from my Android and I'm fine. While I check the benefits, does someone mind telling me? I may miss something,

You can answer the texts from your PC with your physical keyboard and mouse instead of the phone's keyboard.

Impressive. I have this app and other remote access apps.. including the mouse app.

Or you could just use Airdroid and respond to texts that way from your computer (no rooting required)

Well actually I was using MightyText for that, and it doesn't require root either.  But there were just so many other times I needed a proper keyboard on my phone, and it's a pain to go find the USB OTG cable, plug it in, remove the receiver from my PC, and plug it into the phone.

Teamviewer is for controlling your computer from your Android.  This is for controlling your Android's mouse and keyboard from your computer.  Although if you want even MORE control, there are free Android-VNC servers that function the same as Teamviewer in reverse.

So yeah, I was relying on MightyText to answer texts from my PC, and ClipSync to copy/paste into my Android, and Pocket to finish reading a web article that I found on my PC, on my Android.  This app covers all three.  Now when an app asks me for long detailed information, or my credit card number, or I want to copy a link from my PC into my phone, or if I want to answer texts, or if I want to use Andropen Office on my phone when my PC is sitting 2 feet away for some reason (yeah ignore that last one), I can do it all with this app, and incredibly quickly, without having to rely on the finicky server/client connections of multiple task-specific apps.

Again, I could probably do all this and more with an Android VNC server, but the fact that all I have to do is move my mouse past the right edge of the screen and instantly my keyboard and mouse are connected to my Android, makes this the fastest, most hassle-free method of doing this I have found so far.

EDIT:  If anyone here does choose to use the app, there are a couple settings on the android-client side that you might want to adjust.  One is that for some reason the default pointer speed is set to 180%, when it works much better when you turn it down to 100%.  You should also set your default keyboard when connected to "disabled" - it disables the keyboard when your mouse cursor goes to the phone, and re-enables it as soon as it goes back.  Another really cool feature is to have it automatically lock the phone when you move the mouse back to the PC, so that you can wake up your phone, unlock it, and put it back to sleep without ever even touching it.

• 2 years later...

It's been a long time since you guys wrote your posts.

Now, Teamveiwer Host can be installed on Android devices in order for them to be controlled via PC.

Also, I've seen an Android app called Vysor which has a chrome app. It works using USB cable.

Anyway...

I need the app mentioned in the first post of this topic (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liveov.skm). It's been removed from Play Store and I can't find the android client anywhere. More exactly, I found an old beta version which didn't work and kept notifying that there's a newer version. But I couldn't find it. Can anyone help?