Photo

Newegg or Amazon

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Newegg or Amazon

Newegg or Amazon

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• 7,005 posts
  • Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:19

I used to swear by Newegg, and I still like them but I agree they have really gone downhill. The prices and the selection just aren't that great anymore and there are so many third party sellers on there now, and so many cheap junk brands. Newegg's Black Friday sales were terrible too, no better than their usual daily deals. I'm using Amazon a lot more these days but I still check Newegg and even Tigerdirect when I'm buying computer parts.

#17 x-scratch

x-scratch

whaaaaaaaat

• 2,801 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:32

both are good. however newegg return policy sucks they want 5% restocking fee plus they make you pay for shipping

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:56

I use Amazon for nearly everything these days.

#19 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,709 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:01

I use Newegg only because I'm currently living in Canada (Amazon doesn't offer nearly as much), though if I was back in the US I'd be using Amazon for sure.  Granted I don't even use Newegg as much as use NCIX and just price match everything I buy on there.

#20 Liana

Liana

Tech Girl

• 644 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:24

Newegg was great back in the day, and I still purchase computer parts from them about 50% of the time (and 50% amazon) but their marketplace and alternative sellers seem really out of place and mostly peddling junk. I actually feel kind of bad for Newegg because I think Amazon is a big threat to them. Amazon is the Wal-Mart of the internet; no one can beat their prices.  

Still, nothing beats Newegg product reviews. :)

#21 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,159 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:52

I tend to use Newegg to find the parts I am interested in buying (better reviews and sorting options), then look the part(s) up elsewhere. Lately I have been buying most of them from Amazon (I am a Prime member....so free shipping and generally lower product prices).

#22 Kelxin

Kelxin

Neowinian

• 606 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:16

Amazon...   Neweggs customer support used to be legendary, but now its horrid.   Amazon has always taken really good care of me.

#23 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,484 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:50

I've only used Amazon, never Newegg. No particular reasoning behind it other than my first reaction is always to check out Amazon.