replacer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xpook

Xpook

Neowinian

• Phone: nokia 3210 with cam

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:00

Good day to all the admins, mods & members here. I am a newbie in this os customization,
I would love to be a part on this Team/Forum by means of sharing infos/ideas & my humble but great concepts..
I know that this forums would help newbies like us to be a good modder in the future,
I am very proud that im here & i wanna learn everything about modding/customization & more power and more blessing to this very great forum..

My 1st reason that im here is im having a bit trouble so i'll go straight to the point I have 3 queries...

1. About replacer, I know this is an old topic and I feel like stupid asking this, Windows XP SP3 still WFP popping up issues... The Pre-Release Version fixed this but the WFP clearing is kinda slow (can you help me with it by a FULL CLEAR OF WFP), What are the keyboard command combinations with "w.sendkeys" to make it a FULLY CLEARED WFP?

I was trying both version but the issue with the PRE-RELEASE VERSION is when I do RESTORE, some system files wouldt be restored because of the "_SafetoDelete" extension unlike the VERSION OF THE STABLE ONE ".BACKUP" extension, it worked flawlessly the STABLE version works great but the WFP doesnt clear the WFP dialog?

2. What version should I use with my old WindowsXP & Windows7, and my brothers Windows8 desktop? I wanted to replace my systemfiles via Replacer, But I got no clue what version is the compatible with my two old laptops.

3. Is there any alternate way to replace system files? maybe emulating a driver with a digitally signed certificate and placing all the modified system files into a safe folder? (NOT REALLY REPLACING, BUT EMULATING) coz I know the replacing will just damage system files

Any output is much appreciated
Thanks in advance
More Power..NEOWIN

#2 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 09 December 2013 - 16:52

Which WFP are you referring to? That could be numerous different systems/applications for Windows.

#3 OP Xpook

Xpook

Neowinian

• Phone: nokia 3210 with cam

Posted 09 December 2013 - 21:28

Im currently testing it with an old Windows XP SP3, I assume its 5.1.2600.3264. Well, the WFP in several windows version can possibly be patched by achieving this method is hex editing, but I didnt want this method because of the one dimensional option of unable to do deployment with multiple PCs. So, I stick with the replacer method, But im kinda having trouble in replacing system files. I know there is some other way and there will always be. Like Sir WindowsX's method of replacing system files, hiding his "MoveEx.exe" in the %systemroot%\system32\

if there are other methods of replacing system files, kindly let me know Sir Eric... Thank you in Advance...