Issues with WordPress?

Question

We keep having issues with images on WordPress.  When we upload images it keeps appearing like this.

and the images don't show up on the blog when reading.  

I've deleted all plugins, and the issue is that the way the site has been set up for us I don't have FTP access, the closest thing we have is a remote server login but it doesn't seem to have our WordPress installed there.

The site that's having trouble is blog.sharpfutures.org.uk

I really need help here.

post-493600-0-65224200-1386595159.png

14 answers to this question

Does it happen to all images or just certain file types? Try uploading gif/jpg/png separately and noting the results.

Also check:

#1. Go to Settings>Media and check to see if 'Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders' is checked.

#2. Check the permissions on the folder are writable.  

If you can view the page source or inspect that element. See where the image is being uploaded to.

If you moved domains. It might be referencing the wrong place.

If it isn't referencing "blog.sharpfutures.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/..." chances are it is being uploaded to the wrong place.

We keep having issues with images on WordPress.  When we upload images it keeps appearing like this.

and the images don't show up on the blog when reading.  

I've deleted all plugins, and the issue is that the way the site has been set up for us I don't have FTP access, the closest thing we have is a remote server login but it doesn't seem to have our WordPress installed there.

The site that's having trouble is blog.sharpfutures.org.uk

I really need help here.

It appears that all of the ones inserted by Wordpress (they have dimensions after the file name) are showing up fine. How are the missing ones being added to the page? Searching for the specific file throws up a internal server error (500).

It appears that all of the ones inserted by Wordpress (they have dimensions after the file name) are showing up fine. How are the missing ones being added to the page? Searching for the specific file throws up a internal server error (500).

I don't know, we can insert visible images just fine but when we set featured images they don't seem to work.

Since the error being thrown for those images is a 500 and not a 404, I would imagine it's a corrupted .htaccess file.

You said you don't have access to ftp? Can you install plugins via the web interface? 

• Check permissions on the uploads folder. Make sure you can read/write
  • Up the memory limit for PHP
  • Up the upload limit for PHP
  • Up the time out limit for PHP
  • Check you have space on your server to actually upload the files
  • Reset your HTACCESS file (delete it then visit the permalinks options page)

As with anything when messing with a site, do a backup first.

Try to get your server error logs, they'll give you a better starting place.

Did you try any of the other points i gave you? Sounds to me like it's running out of time while crunching the various sizes.

How do I do the other points? 

How do I do the other points? 

For the PHP changes, i'd contact your host as they don't sound like they'd let you personally change these.

Also ask them for your error logs as there will be a much better error message contained there, my guess is a PHP time out.

On a side note, don't upload images to WordPress via FTP, it won't create the proper associations.