Surface 2 sale?

Websites, including Neowin posted an article about Microsoft store doing a sale for the surface 2. for $99 for the first 20 people, than $149 after that.  

Orginal article linked here.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-offer-surface-2-bundle-149-surface-pro-2-bundle-249-dec-14th

Microsoft made the video private now. 

Here is my store in my state.  

http://content.microsoftstore.com/en-us/offers/kingofprussiamall

12 days of deals.  They have a sale for Dell venue Pro.   

I really think that deal on the surface is correct.  

I'm pretty sure it's just an accessory bundle at that price, not the Surface tablet itself.

That's what people thought about the dell venue pro too, but it's on sale today $99 for the first so many people at the store.

if the surface pro 2 bundle is indeed $250, that is just bat**** crazy,and I will bring people with me and I will snag as many as I can. I don't believe its just an accessories bundle of screen protector, support, and a sub to office 365,because that wouldn't even be a good deal. support is $149/yr,office 365 sub is $99/yr.

nov14_r1_c1.jpg

if the surface pro 2 bundle is indeed $250, that is just bat**** crazy,and I will bring people with me and I will snag as many as I can. I don't believe its just an accessories bundle of screen protector, support, and a sub to office 365,because that wouldn't even be a good deal. support is $149/yr,office 365 sub is $99/yr.

nov14_r1_c1.jpg

Yeah. Everyone called BS and called BS on the dell deal. But it's live today. So I don't know.

It sounds legit. unless microsoft sells something at their store called the surface 2 complete bundle, and it doesn't include the surface 2.

I would call your local store to find out.

It sounds legit. unless microsoft sells something at their store called the surface 2 complete bundle, and it doesn't include the surface 2.

I would call your local store to find out.

Think they would actually say?

Seems too good to be true since Microsoft would be taking a massive loss on these sales.  They could sell the Pro for $500-600 and it would still be an insane price.

But I guess they could absorb those losses in trade for getting more of their hardware in the hands of customers.  We'll see.

Think they would actually say?

I called Microsoft Store in Portland, and they don't sell a product called the Surface Pro 2 Complete Bundle. But they do sell a bundle that they call Essential, that including the Complete warranty package. He could not say what the deal was on the 14th, only that he couldn't imagine it being true because the Surface Pro 2 bundle costs over $1000 dollars.

This seriously sounds to me like a promotion where they don't even care about the money. This type of deal stirs a frenzy amongst those in the deal community, and it drives media and various websites to promote their products and brand. If it's real, this would probably be what's going on. They seriously could be trying out this gimmick to drive people to camp out at their stores for a day..

Neowin said they emailed Microsoft about the deal to inquiry if it was real, then they deleted the article without further update.. I wonder what the answer was? I doubt MS was able to respond before they pulled it..

When I watched the ad, I totally don't see a reason not to believe the tablet isn't included... it says Surface Pro 2 Complete Bundle, with pictures of the entire tablet with keyboard attached, plus bundled items.

This is like when Amazon puts a printer on sale for $99 down from $300, with $99 dollar rebate, making the entire thing free. It happens on occasion..

I called Microsoft Store in Portland, and they don't sell a product called the Surface Pro 2 Complete Bundle. But they do sell a bundle that they call Essential, that including the Complete warranty package. He could not say what the deal was on the 14th, only that he couldn't imagine it being true because the Surface Pro 2 bundle costs over $1000 dollars.

This seriously sounds to me like a promotion where they don't even care about the money. This type of deal stirs a frenzy amongst those in the deal community, and it drives media and various websites to promote their products and brand. If it's real, this would probably be what's going on. They seriously could be trying out this gimmick to drive people to camp out at their stores for a day..

Neowin said they emailed Microsoft about the deal to inquiry if it was real, then they deleted the article without further update.. I wonder what the answer was? I doubt MS was able to respond before they pulled it..

When I watched the ad, I totally don't see a reason not to believe the tablet isn't included... it says Surface Pro 2 Complete Bundle, with pictures of the entire tablet with keyboard attached, plus bundled items.

This is like when Amazon puts a printer on sale for $99 down from $300, with $99 dollar rebate, making the entire thing free. It happens on occasion..

It's called a "loss leader" - the entire reason FOR the deal is to build foot traffic (or clicks, if the store is online-only) - Amazon and Newegg do this, but the idea predates the Internet; in fact, it goes back to the Great Depression.

An "annual" case in point - MicroCenter has two retail locations in my vicinity: Rockville, MD and Fairfax, VA.  Both locations have closeouts on refurbished items, beginning on Columbus Day, and running through the end of the year.  (The specific items being closed out DO differ by location; while there is SOME overlap, there isn't much on a store-comparison basis.)  This year, Rockville's loss-leaders have been motherboards and monitors - in the case of Fairfax, it's GPUs.

ah touch cover too.now its starting to make sense.

I have been seating on that screen for weeks :D I have a hard time choosing the 64GB or 256GB version. I want 8GB RAM but $1300 is too much for it. :/

I have been seating on that screen for weeks :D I have a hard time choosing the 64GB or 256GB version. I want 8GB RAM but $1300 is too

if you're willing to spend that kind of money,might as well wait until you can fit it in your budget,because you will probably end up regretting it down the line. I think its definitely worth it,even if $300 is a little excessive.