Photo
Answered Go to the full post xbox one microsoft skype voice over ip voip kinect support

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jarrichvdv

Jarrichvdv

Not all who wander are lost

• Phone: Windows Phone 8 GDR3

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:35

Hi guys,

My Xbox One arrives soon and I'm really looking forward to playing around with Skype. I'm just curious, as the Xbox One supports keyboards apart from the on-screen one, does the Skype app allow for IM messaging, or is it voice/video only?

Thanks!

Best Answer hardquest , 10 December 2013 - 08:40

It allows you to send video and normal text messages, and video quality is very good if you have normal internet ! I really enjoing my xbox one and often call my family through it as i'm living away!

Go to the full post

#2 hardquest

hardquest

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:40   Best Answer

It allows you to send video and normal text messages, and video quality is very good if you have normal internet ! I really enjoing my xbox one and often call my family through it as i'm living away!

#3 OP Jarrichvdv

Jarrichvdv

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:04

The fact it can send normal text messages is a big deal for me, thank you. Great to hear you're enjoying it!

#4 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 10 December 2013 - 14:47

I am a heavy Skype user (+10 years) and I am tempted to get Xbox One for Skype alone. :)

#5 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 10 December 2013 - 14:53

I am a heavy Skype user (+10 years) and I am tempted to get Xbox One for Skype alone. :)

I used to use skype back when it had free Canada to US calling I would make prank phonecalls with it.  Other than that I don't use it.. heck I even have a crack installed so I can still use WLM instead of upgrading.  What do you use skype for?

#6 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 10 December 2013 - 16:14

I used to use skype back when it had free Canada to US calling I would make prank phonecalls with it.  Other than that I don't use it.. heck I even have a crack installed so I can still use WLM instead of upgrading.  What do you use skype for?

video calls mainly. I was/am a Messenger user from its inception and hate Skype client for anything besides video calls but video calls is something Skype always did right. This reminds me that WLM always for video calls and that was the reason I started using Skype.

#7 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 10 December 2013 - 16:32

video calls mainly. I was/am a Messenger user from its inception and hate Skype client for anything besides video calls but video calls is something Skype always did right. This reminds me that WLM always for video calls and that was the reason I started using Skype.

Ah okay, makes sense.  If you using video calling a lot it makes sense, as skype is good for that.

#8 OP Jarrichvdv

Jarrichvdv

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:49

Okay, so I now have my Xbox One, but when I connect a regular USB keyboard it is not detected and I can't use it to type in messages. Any ideas?

#9 hardquest

hardquest

Neowinian

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:34

Is it just me or they forgot to release new update for skype on xbox one? :)

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 22 April 2014 - 13:00

1.3 is the latest version for X1.

#11 hardquest

hardquest

Neowinian

Posted 22 April 2014 - 13:05

Is it updated to v1.3 already? 

#12 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:39

Okay, so I now have my Xbox One, but when I connect a regular USB keyboard it is not detected and I can't use it to type in messages. Any ideas?

It definitely works with USB keyboards, this is a fact - make sure the app is fully updated as noted above! Also try to power cycle for the console. Not a good idea to do every day, but once a week or so is great.