10 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, this story is several weeks old, but it is worth a read.

Bob Barker was fairly glowing Monday after he'd welcomed former Toronto zoo elephants Iringa, Thika and Toka to their new home at the PAWS animal sanctuary in San Andreas, California

Posted

Too bad those elephants are about to be spayed and neutered.  :rofl:

"I have made a difference and thank the good Lord for it,"

How much did the Lord kick in?

1 person likes this

Posted

Now I'm spending my money

Posted

^ Like the former 'models'. :p

Posted

^ I hear ya.  Especially them. :D

Posted

Well, thank god the elephants will be taken care of, even though the 1 million could have been better spent helping his fellow man.

Posted

I'm all for people spending their money how they want, but personally, when someone gives money for animals over people and kids that really need help and are the same species as us, it really bugs me.

:cry:

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, thank god the elephants will be taken care of, even though the 1 million could have been better spent helping his fellow man.

Animals have long since provided Mankind with protection, guidance, food, companionship, entertainment, joy.

Consider that many animals can not help themselves as well as people can.

I place many animals ahead of some Humans. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

A 4 year old boy here was recently diagnosed with brain and lung cancer, and so far his medical bills are about to close the 400k mark. Insurance stopped paying, as it did on my own brain cancer diagnosis. I wish i had a Million to blow like he did.

Posted

the sanctuary is not accredited and any zoo that sends its animals to non-accreddited facilities lose their own accreditation. thats why the zoo took so long to send it here and not another US zoo in the south against councils' wishes. 

bob barker is old and senile and thinks only he knows whats best for animals and doesn't care about what organizations he interferes with. 

i do think its good for the elephants to live the rest of their lives in a more natural habitat but zoos are zoos for a reason. its entertainment for people and education for kids and school trips.