Apple and Microsoft may merge in 5-10 years

Washington, Dec. 10 (ANI): Two of the biggest tech companies, and rivals, Apple and Microsoft might not only work together in the near future but also merge in the next 5-10 years, a market analyst has predicted.

Money Map Press' Keith Fitz-Gerald in his interview with Fox Business' Stuart Varney said that if one looks at what the world wants and what it needs, there is no option but to continue with technology and the tech market is going to be good in the near future.

While explaining his 'unthinkable but absolutely possible deal' between Apple and Microsoft theory, Fitz-Gerald said the two companies might see a merger because they have to take on the Google/Android and Facebook.

th?id=H.4869261474924860&pid=15.1&H=134&

He further explained that despite it being an absolute speculation, if one looks at what Apple wants to accomplish with its mobile market and Microsoft's initiative, there is a cross-polarization of devices.

Fitz-Gerald added that now content and security is king and having all the devices connected to one is the future, and according to him, apparently Apple and Microsoft fit the bill perfectly. (ANI)

source

I must have missed the memo about crazy statment day. First I hear that this generation of console (PS4 and XBox One) will be the last and now Apple and Microsoft merging? Yet neither analyst seems to provide their reasoning for these guesses. It's speculation and nothing else.

I can't see this happening, myself.

They might have patent sharing and cooperation, but even if by some unbelievable circumstance that a merger became even the slightest of options I can't see any regulatory board I either the US or EU that would allow it.

Given their record of late I think Apple would sooner go bust than hire Microsoft's UI designers.

I simply couldn't imagine this happening... but then back in the hayday of the Sega / Nintendo wars, who'd have thought that Sega would fail and end up selling their games on Nintendo consoles? 

That's the second worst thing I've read on this site in the last 24 hours, and thankfully the less likely.

I think for enthusiasts of either vendor, it's probably the worst possible scenario they could ever imagine. 

im not that bad in speculations either. i predict that in the future we will not talk anymore of specific companies, we will talk more of syndicates. there will be a few syndicates ruling every profitable economical sector.

thanks

They are already partners in Rockstar Consortium. And, at one point in history, Microsoft owned some Apple stock.

$150 million worth of stock. Sort of. They also got to release IE for Mac (terrible) and Office for Mac (slightly less terrible) in the deal.

Obviously this story is nonsense. Microsoft is more likely to split itself into two divisions than it is to add anything.

Given their record of late I think Apple would sooner go bust than hire Microsoft's UI designers.

What UI designers? Wasn't metro created with paint.... i'm confused   :laugh:

• Like 2