Need help with my Micro SD card

I have an old 8GB micro SD card. I am trying to access all my photos on it. When inserted into my smartphone it tells me I need to format the card and can not access any images on it. When inserted into my computer my computer will not even pick up the card at all. When it was plugged into my phone it did show the card was 100% full so I do know there are files on it.

Would there be a way I can still access everyhting on the card? Any help would be amazing!

UPDATE

When Plugged into 2 laptops nothing at all is detected under omputer, or disc managment.

When Plugged into my other computer it states I need to format the card, windows 7 fails to format the card (As does SDFormatter applications, and 2 diffreint phones I have plugged into)

I have tried every single recovery program out there, however the card has changed to RAW and only displays a maximum size of 30.6MB instead of the full 8gb.

Sandisk tells me I need to spend $175 to send it somewhere and have the card read which is insane. I have seen many topics on this while doing my research however no answers for this. Maybe someone found out how to resolve this issue?

There must be some program or guide out there when I can recover my old photos. I would love any help on this issue!

Also would it matter if instead of an SD card adapter I get one for USB could that even change this case? Also I am going to walmart to try plugging the MIcro SD card directly into the photo machine but I don't have much hope for that.

Other than trying to use a file recovery program like Recuva, I don't think it's going to be very easy or even possible to get any of that data back.

I've had more than one instance where the only device that will read a FAT32 formatted SD card is the device that originally formatted it. Do you still have the device that put those photos on that card?

My friend had this issue as well. One day the phone just started saying that a format was in order, or it refused to recognise that the card was there. He went to get another card - although oddly enough the same brand - and the same thing happened a week or two later.

For the two laptops that you tried the card with, were they running the same OS? I'm just wondering if live-booting something like Ubuntu, then seeing if that OS recognises the card, would work.

What brand is the card?

These stories about micro SD cards dying on people for no apparent reason have me worried for my own card. Luckily there isn't anything overly important on it. I should probably copy everything to my computer though for safe-keeping.

Hello,

Could the card be protected with CPRM?  If so, you will likely need to get a device that was originally used with the 8GB MicroSD card and accessing it.  An old Nokia smartphone running Symbian might work as well, too.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

a couple of years back when i was messing around with wp7 and my hd2, windows phone used to lock the sd card you used to install so that you couldn't use it on any other device - similar to what your experiencing. the only devices that could reformat were:

Kodak EASYSHARE Z1485 
Nokia 5530
Nokia 5800, 5700 XpressMusic!
Nokia C5-00
Nokia C7
Nokia E65 (4gb max)
Nokia E66
Nokia E71
Nokia N8
Nokia N79
Nokia N96
Nokia N97