Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LG

Question

Posted

Google and LG have been getting awfully cozy lately

7 answers to this question

Posted

Nice to see more Google Play Edition devices.

Posted

Finally a GE Edition Tablet from LG!! Wohoo wish the G2 got this treatment, woulda been perfect!

Posted

I hope more companies start going the GPE route, or Nexus devices and realizes the benefits of doing so.  This custom GUI from the OEMs are crap especially when there are free launcher replacements that allow you to customize and do more.

Posted

I hope more companies start going the GPE route, or Nexus devices and realizes the benefits of doing so.  This custom GUI from the OEMs are crap especially when there are free launcher replacements that allow you to customize and do more.

Eh. Sense is the only one that is nice aesthetically and actually provides useful functionality while being somewhat minimal. The Sense stock email app, widgets, and additional functionality are just great. I  think Touchwiz has it overdone, and adds too many features that it's just overwhelming. These skins really aren't the problem. It's the manufacturer's (and carriers) that need to update the devices to the latest Android release quicker.

Posted

It's the manufacturer's (and carriers) that need to update the devices to the latest Android release quicker.

No custom UI and the OEMs wouldnt have so much of a problem updating.

Posted

Need a LG Nexus 10" Tablet now and i'm set :p

I keep wanting to jump on these daily deals for the current Nexus 10 but shy on pulling the trigger. I had a Nexus 10 (Samsung) and loved it but when the screen started flickering like mad one day i went in to exchange it (Staples) but they didn't have anymore in stock so i just returned it to buy one from Google but never did and now waiting for the new model!

Posted

No custom UI and the OEMs wouldnt have so much of a problem updating.

Well from what I understand - the Moto X. has a "very minimal skin" on top of Android, and look how quick they got KitKat. Furthermore look at XDA - I can get a ROM with Android 4.4, and Sense for the HTC One. The carriers/manufacturers are the biggest delay without a doubt.