11 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder if they are gonna try to sue LG and Samsung now. Seems like apple and other tech companies get patents just to sue people.

Posted

I fail to see the attraction in a curved phone. The LG version is interesting in that it can bend without breaking, but I feel like that was almost made curved just to show that off. Just make it flat and let it bend a little without breaking, you know, the exact opposite of what they did. I definitely don't understand the curve the other way like Samsung's little toy. Really? So you can push one end down and get notifications? I can think of a thousand better ways to do that, not to mention that the one they built is VERY slow to respond (I'd assume due to polling speed of the sensors, higher means faster response, but less battery life). They all just seem like gimmicks that are beyond pointless. How awkward would a curved phone be in your pocket?

Now, curved wearable electronics are MUCH more likely, and much more useful. For a watch type device it would be awesome, but a curved phone? No thank you.

Posted

I believe the point of a curved phone would be larger screen that you can use one handed. The phones like the s4 and note are really to big to use with one hand successfully. If it were curved I may make less spelling errors with one handed operation. If there were an option that the phone was flexible, that would be even better.

Posted

A curved iPhone........is that to stop you throwing it away? :D

Posted

I fail to see the attraction in a curved phone. The LG version is interesting in that it can bend without breaking, but I feel like that was almost made curved just to show that off. Just make it flat and let it bend a little without breaking, you know, the exact opposite of what they did. I definitely don't understand the curve the other way like Samsung's little toy. Really? So you can push one end down and get notifications? I can think of a thousand better ways to do that, not to mention that the one they built is VERY slow to respond (I'd assume due to polling speed of the sensors, higher means faster response, but less battery life). They all just seem like gimmicks that are beyond pointless. How awkward would a curved phone be in your pocket?

Now, curved wearable electronics are MUCH more likely, and much more useful. For a watch type device it would be awesome, but a curved phone? No thank you.

Yes like lifting your phone up and Cortana recognises you and says "Hey John, you have a meeting at 15:00 and Kate called to see if you can pick the kids up."

Posted

The patent is on manufacturing technology for curved surfaces that Apple has made. IT IS NOT A PATENT ON CURVED ANYTHING!

1 person likes this

Posted

It looks like patent troll monster Apple is looking to go after Samsung again, even though they weren't first to make a curved phone :no:

1 person likes this

Posted

I want a phone that's shaped like a Pringle.

Posted

It looks like patent troll monster Apple is looking to go after Samsung again, even though they weren't first to make a curved phone :no:

Read the article please...

Posted

The patent is on manufacturing technology for curved surfaces that Apple has made. IT IS NOT A PATENT ON CURVED ANYTHING!

Since when does reality matter with this crowd?  These folks don't need much motivation to pick up the pitch forks and torches and storm the Apple campus with an angry mob.