Windows 8.1 on floppies

So thats a tad over 6GBs of floppys and at around one minuite a floppy it would take a mind numbing 62 hours just to read them then another half hour os so to install.

76df7a7f1ea0b2595c057f11c33e9697.png0d6da2123edd6e520728d4d49baec768.png

http://www.techrepublic.com/pictures/how-many-floppy-disks-would-it-take-to-equal-1-gigabyte/23/

Ah hell, and then there is the system imaging process afterwards :/

Bob: Hey Fred! How was your week off?

Fred: Honestly, it was crap. I spent the whole *** damn week rebuilding my PC after a crash :angry:

Bob: Duuude!..............

I am going to ask on Microsofts website if Windows 8.1 can be ordered on floppy drives :D

I hope they don't start calling me a troll

You mean on floppy disks, bro.  The drive is where you put the disk.

Hello,

Technically, this CAN be done....Windows would just say it can't find x.file on the media and to retry. You insert the next disk it reads it and so on...

Hello,

Technically, this CAN be done....Windows would just say it can't find x.file on the media and to retry. You insert the next disk it reads it and so on...

It would be technological feat if someone made a video of installing windows 8.1 from floppy disks onto their pc! I would pay to see that :D

the irony of it is that this might actually be true, as Governmental organisations are banned from using CD/DVD and USB drives due to old legislation that has not changed to include them. 

the irony of it is that this might actually be true, as Governmental organisations are banned from using CD/DVD and USB drives due to old legislation that has not changed to include them. 

Network installation of windows images stored in server allow simultaneous installs on many pc's.

This is how major companies and organizations install windows internally for their employees.