Photo

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Super Genius

Posted 19 December 2013 - 13:03

Its amusing when everyone starts using their local stores as empirical evidence that something is sold out/not selling.

It's even more amusing that it's never they both had stock, its always one with tons, the other product completely sold out :p

Funny how you say that but I can count around eight times when a certain member has said their stores are not sold out of Xbox One's and they are always in stock, online, readily available or are just "trying" to sell them.  This along with the good one where Sony has forced would-be PS4 buyers into getting an Xbox One instead because they released the PS4 in more regions.   :rolleyes:

#17 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 19 December 2013 - 13:30

Hopefully they will have enough for more people to get them for Christmas.. Last weekend, I was able to find an Xbox One at Gamestop, Walmart, and Toys R Us, I didn't see any PS4s.. So glad I preordered it.. They didn't have the Xbox One at Target last weekend, but had it on Monday when I went to go pick mine up.. I talked to the guys at Target and they said that they have 18 more Xbox Ones in the back and that Sony just isn't really sending them any, they might get three or six at a time every other week.. I asked him how well the Xbox One was selling because I see it in stock just about everywhere and he said that the Xbox One is selling great, Microsoft just keeps sending us shipments. I also talked to the guys over at Gamestop and they said the same thing pretty much.. Just seems like Sony isn't able to make them as fast as Microsoft.. This was the same with the PS3 when the PS3 game out.. 

#18 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 19 December 2013 - 13:32

Funny how you say that but I can count around eight times when a certain member has said their stores are not sold out of Xbox One's and they are always in stock, online, readily available or are just "trying" to sell them. This along with the good one where Sony has forced would-be PS4 buyers into getting an Xbox One instead because they released the PS4 in more regions. :rolleyes:

Well I hope the first part isn't aimed at me considering I've hardly been in retail gaming stores for months and haven't once posted about stock on Neowin. The second part, I've had a go at MS for poorly supporting Europe (especially after the Q3 2014 rumours), but nothing to do with forcing sales or stock.

If not aimed at me, I never singled out one side of the fence, its stupid when both camps do it, so I agree with you.

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Super Genius

Posted 19 December 2013 - 13:42

Well I hope the first part isn't aimed at me considering I've hardly been in retail gaming stores for months and haven't once posted about stock on Neowin. The second part, I've had a go at MS for poorly supporting Europe (especially after the Q3 2014 rumours), but nothing to do with forcing sales or stock.

If not aimed at me, I never singled out one side of the fence, its stupid when both camps do it, so I agree with you.

Not aimed at you.  Someone else made the posts.

#20 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 19 December 2013 - 13:49

Stay on topic please.

No need to start calling members out for previous comments/different discussions.

#21 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:29

Funny how you say that but I can count around eight times when a certain member has said their stores are not sold out of Xbox One's and they are always in stock, online, readily available or are just "trying" to sell them.  This along with the good one where Sony has forced would-be PS4 buyers into getting an Xbox One instead because they released the PS4 in more regions.   :rolleyes:

Sony has forced would-be PS4 buyers into buying Xbox Ones because of running out of stock. I'm buying a X1 for a niece and nephew because they are in stock while the ps4 is out of stock till after Christmas.

This is a thread in the Sony sub-forum and the only reason the Xbox one is brought up is when Xbox fanboys bring it up just to say "Oh, we're sold out too!" Not only is it not the case but these threads aren't put here to gloat about sales, It's to give information to those waiting to get their hands on a PS4.

#22 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 20 December 2013 - 16:30

"Oh, we're sold out too!" Not only is it not the case but these threads aren't put here to gloat about sales

I agree with your point about not derailing threads. But also, lets not make it worse by saying that is not the case.

If you want to argue if its true or not, do so in another thread.

#23 watkinsx2

watkinsx2

Neowinian

• Phone: HTC One/Lumia 920

Posted 20 December 2013 - 16:42

Hopefully they will be throwing some more our way too (UK)