Xbox One fastest selling console in U.S in November

Doubt it was a mistake.  Wii U is hardly next gen and already clearly not a contender.

The WiiU is next-gen, since it was the latest release of a nintendo console. Next-gen doesn't mean next-gen graphics. Because if it was, then MS is way behind the times since they're only in it's 3rd gen of consoles. Sony is in it's 4th gen and Nintendo is in it's 6th gen.

So you better start learning what next-gen really means, since it doesn't mean graphics at all.

I'm a bit surprised by this. Everyone I know in Australia is completely for PS4. Although Australia is not a very good sample size nor is the amount of people in Australia I've actually talked to about it lol.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not getting a next-gen system yet, I want to see which system most of my friends get (if any).

didn't release figures

NPD will today. Have a feeling Sony are delaying to find a way to spin terribad Vita sales. Someone on GAF says less than 70k.

I'm a bit surprised by this. Everyone I know in Australia is completely for PS4. Although Australia is not a very good sample size nor is the amount of people in Australia I've actually talked to about it lol.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not getting a next-gen system yet, I want to see which system most of my friends get (if any).

Everything I've seen around here (when in stores) is PS4.  People asking when PS4 is coming it, etc.

I'm actually really surprised for the same reason, I knew a lot of people who were really angry with Microsoft and planned on going PS4 but the XB1 ended up smashing sales records here apparently.

On a side note: I kinda wonder how well Microsoft could have done if they didn't anger half the world with the E3 announcement.

How can the X1 be the fastest selling console in November the US and then the ps4 be the top selling console in November?

Someone is lying or I can't grasp the math involved :laugh:

That link above would seem to say that the ps4 outsold the X1 for November, which clearly would mean its also the fastest selling console as well.

Easy.  PS4 came out a week earlier.  Say Sony sold 1.5 million in the US from 11/15 - 11/30, 100k per day.  Microsoft sells 900k from 11/22 - 11/30, 110k per day,  "Fastest selling".  PR spin.  Sort of like "600 million zombies" instead of actual sales figures.

Honestly who cares, it doesn't matter who sells more. Just buy the one you like and enjoy it.  :)

A lot of people care, and it does matter. It's not nearly as fun when you're the only person you know with a particular console.

A lot of people care, and it does matter. It's not nearly as fun when you're the only person you know with a particular console.

Still shouldn't matter.  Get what your friends are getting and have fun.  Or don't, and play with the other 80 million+ people that will end up with each console at some point.  Either way it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

NPD will today. Have a feeling Sony are delaying to find a way to spin terribad Vita sales. Someone on GAF says less than 70k.

I woulda figured vita would do well at least in nov with the strong ps4 sales and the whole ps4 vita second screen stuff.

Both Sony and Microsoft have done well for themselves, so far in this next gen battle...

People are opening their wallets/purses and shelling out $hundred of $$$ for the latest and greatest gaming system, despite a horrid economical state most of the world is in right now.

Congrats Microsoft and Sony, (and to some extent Nintendo) thank you for fun new toys... Which also serves as ammunition...(Console Wars)

900k or 1mil, both are good numbers to me... Doesn't matter which console is tied to which number...

• Like 2

Say Sony sold 1.5 million in the US from 11/15 - 11/30, 100k per day.  Microsoft sells 900k from 11/22 - 11/30, 110k per day,  "Fastest selling".  PR spin.  Sort of like "600 million zombies" instead of actual sales figures.

1. Isn't 909k actualy sales figure? :huh:

2. Sony sold 1.5M in NA not just US. (granted US is still largest piece of the pie)

Just think...

When inFamous:SS and TitanFall release, more PS4's and One's will be flying off store shelves...

And then The Order, Destiny, and Halo will come out, and even more PS4's and One's will be flying off store shelves....

And when Zelda-U, Metroid-U, and Super Smash Bros.-U come out, Wii-U's are gonna fly off shelves....

Console gaming isn't going anywhere but up, at this current moment in time...

PS: when the first round of price cuts happen for the next/now gen consoles, It's gonna be insane...

Ok I'm done for now...

Edit: so while these numbers are good... I think it's only going to get better...

Everything I've seen around here (when in stores) is PS4.  People asking when PS4 is coming it, etc.

You see/hear what you want to see/hear. I was I walmart today, both consoles were sold out and didn't see people looking/asking for either console. Same with the Target near me.

You know,  going a bit off topic here but I find it very' funny how some call out the "generic" fps games coming out of the west as crap while the exact same thing can be said from Japan with it's "generic" jrpg games.  Lots of them never make it out of the country to begin with, sorry to say but as anyone can tell the jrpg games are becoming more action and cinematic and so on.  I can't find a old school turn based jrpg anymore. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/12/thanks-to-you-playstation-4-just-made-history/

But guys seriously, the PS4 sold 1 million in it's first 24 hours in America, that is more than 900k - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/17/playstation-4-sales-pass-1-million-in-north-america

How can 900k in 9 days = faster than 1 million in 24 hours? Honest question.

There's a difference between fastest and most. It's a sneaky line to go with but it's technically true.

Very good news for everyone. The fact that it sold 900k with a 100$+ price point is magnificent. To be honest, I was expecting a way larger gap based on price alone.

Just think...

When inFamous:SS and TitanFall release, more PS4's and One's will be flying off store shelves...

And then The Order, Destiny, and Halo will come out, and even more PS4's and One's will be flying off store shelves....

And when Zelda-U, Metroid-U, and Super Smash Bros.-U come out, Wii-U's are gonna fly off shelves....

Console gaming isn't going anywhere but up, at this current moment in time...

PS: when the first round of price cuts happen for the next/now gen consoles, It's gonna be insane...

Ok I'm done for now...

Edit: so while these numbers are good... I think it's only going to get better...

Actually software sales are down, DLC sales are up and hardware sales were also up.

Going into next year software should be stronger though, at least compared to this month anyway I'd suspect

-----

To the rest of you; Ive already had to clean the thread once. Don't make me have to do it again.

Keep it civil.