i5bkoO2eLB0tS.gif

Sheesh.  Xbox 360 sold 670k lol.

#32 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:35

The ps4 will most likely be the leader between the two. For the simple fact that, as microsoft has shown for two generations now, they are incapable of not failing miserably in japan.

While they don't sell great in Japan compared to the others the 360 did better than the original did and the one could do better as well.  It doesn't take much IMO, more jrpgs is what's needed to start.  That said out of all the markets out there, Japan is the smaller one.

#33 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:38

I remember when Japanese games used to matter in the US, but it seems like they all fell off a cliff about 10 years ago.

There's still plenty of gamers in the US who care about japanese titles(myself included). It's just that we're hugely overshadowed by all the idiots who would rather just shovel money onto more generic military shooters or zombie games or whatnot.

#34 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:41

There's still plenty of gamers in the US who care about japanese titles(myself included). It's just that we're hugely overshadowed by all the idiots who would rather just shovel money onto more generic military shooters or zombie games or whatnot.

So people aren't allowed to enjoy those games just because you don't like them?

#35 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:44

I used to be a huge fan of the Japanese games, but I haven't really been impressed with anything they put out in at least the last 5 years. They used to be really awesome, but I think they just ran out of ideas or have bad implementation at this point.

#36 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:45

I'm one of those fans as well.

Unfortunately, we can't blame it all on being overshadowed by shooters. Some Japanese developers have simply lost the touch they once had for bringing out great Japanese content, especially jrpgs (I'm looking at you SquareEnix....) or they are turning to focus more on mobile games (Capcom...) than AAA Japanese content.

#37 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:49

So people aren't allowed to enjoy those games just because you don't like them?

get off your Japanese high horse.

Did i upset a couple people who do the very thing i described in fueling how we see little else aside from the same 2-3 types of games from most western devs?

#38 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:50

Demons and Dark Souls have sold well! Persona 5 should do good next year, and I believe Ni No Kuni reached a million.

Japanese titles still have popularity from time to time.

On that note, everyone go buy Tokyo Jungle. I want Tokyo Jungle 2 on my PS4.

#39 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:53

Demons and Dark Souls have sold well! Persona 5 should do good next year, and I believe Ni No Kuni reached a million.

Japanese titles still have popularity from time to time.

On that note, everyone go buy Tokyo Jungle. I want Tokyo Jungle 2 on my PS4.

yeah me too.

I wish more of these game were on both platforms though. I know plenty of people that would be excited to buy them even if they only owned an xbox.

#40 OP vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:56

poor wii u

#41 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 December 2013 - 00:56

So did Sony not release the specific numbers?

#42 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:03

Did i upset a couple people who do the very thing i described in fueling how we see little else aside from the same 2-3 types of games from most western devs?

Haven't bought a COD game since COD3, and haven't played Halo online religiously since Halo 3 so...no. I'm assuming those are the games you're alluding to.  But cry me a river.  My point still stands.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't get to be popular or that others can't like them.

#43 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:03

poor wii u

It didn't take long for a response to his tweet to point out that he's not good at counting.

#44 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:14

It didn't take long for a response to his tweet to point out that he's not good at counting.

Well outside of hardcore WiiU fans, I would say most people are only thinking about the PS4 and X1 right now as the 'next gen' consoles.

Easy mistake to make.

#45 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:16

Well outside of hardcore WiiU fans, I would say most people are only thinking about the PS4 and X1 right now as the 'next gen' consoles.

Easy mistake to make.

Doubt it was a mistake.  Wii U is hardly next gen and already clearly not a contender.