Best over all Gaming Console?

It's too soon to tell.

Keep your 360 for now. Most games will be multiplatform and while multiplatform games coded for the 360/PS3 will look better on the One/PS4 the difference wont be as big as what it's going to be later when they will be coded for One/PS4. You can play the last Madden on the 360 without any problem.

If you can only afford one of the 2 i would (and i will) wait fall 2014 to make a decision.

Your answer seems to lie in what is going to be the more popular one, as of now both are selling as fast as they can ship them. I have played both and really enjoy the PS4 controller, but the One adds a neat aspect with the kinect - so I'm torn. Considering neither really have any exclusives worth bothering with ATM, and a lot of the popular titles will release on PS3/360 for a while I don't see the rush to make a wrong choice.

Until they hit shelves and can stay there for a while, I wouldn't make a choice. There are records released by NPD on US sales on gaming consoles. Keep a watch on those and you'll see YTD sales and how monthly sales are doing.

PS4 is pure gaming machine

XBox One is a home entertainment hub.

PS4 has faster graphics and system RAM

XBox has faster CPU and a ES cache RAM

PS4 is 100$ cheaper than XBox One

XBox has better motion sensor which compensates the cost

PS4 exclusives: Killzone, GT5, Drive Club

XBox exclusives: Ryse, Forza 5, Halo 5

So it's a close call. But PS4 wins by wafer thin margin just because of it's price.

I would have added voice commands to that list (in the Xbox One's favour, of course).

They are something I really wasn't interested in before launch, but now... It's not just a gimmick, it is genuinely useful and seems to be getting better all the time, as I get used to the system, and it me.

It needs work, yes, but it is a great feature, and the potential is even greater, especially with Logitech/Harmony support on it's way.

I have my HTPC hooked upto it, so I can use XBMC and the rest of my PC apps, so switching back and forth between the two is great, but when I switch to my PC, I actually find myself missing the voice control for a moment.

I guess you cant tell what you like, until you've tried it at least once. <-- some sound life advice right there :laugh:

well i saw the poll, but i wanted the thought on gaming machine. not on what they are buying. i appreciate the feed back lots of good points. yeah again my game of choice is madden, i do play other games but that is the main one. i will take all the feed back and make my decision.

Thanks really appreciate it.

Well, and a lot of people think that if they think it's better for them, it means it's better period. From everything you've said, you wouldn't use anything that justifies the extra $100 for the XB1. However, if Madden is your game, wait until next year's Madden comes out and then decide. Neither is really that incredible at the very moment, but next year games will be more optimized for the new hardware. Then maybe you'll see something you want that one system has but the other doesn't. Or you may prefer one controller over the other (though both are pretty damn good now). It doesn't sound like you really need either just yet. Maybe you can find a discount somewhere closer to the time the next Madden comes out, though I doubt we'll see a price drop on either for a while unless MS decides to get aggressive.

XBox One would be my pick but primarily because it's got Forza 5 (and given the rep of the past systems being modable ;) )

although XBox One's main flaw is it's $100 more than PS4.

p.s. i have no plans of getting either into the foreseeable future though as it's just not worth shelling out $500 for something i won't get a lot of us out of.

Its a shame you cant try the Xbox One out at retailers. I have been to multiple retail stores and you cant try the Xbox Ones out there, unlike the PS4 that you can

I would watch reviews of the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U to see which one you like better. :)

If you are buying today, Xbox One has more exclusive AAA games than PS4.

If you are thinking long term, no one can answer that today.

Nah, it has to be Sega Mega Drive with it's superior High Definition Graphics and Sound. Blows region locked Nintendont out of the water.

But Sega doesn't have Mode 7 graphics or the SPC700 sound processor.

Also, Super Castlevania IV.

But Sega doesn't have Mode 7 graphics or the SPC700 sound processor.

Also, Super Castlevania IV.

Optical Disc drive add-on in 1991, that is all.

I would also recommend looking into the upcoming Steam Box consoles from Steam. They are game consoles that play your games you own from steam and the steam's prices of games are excellent.

I would also recommend looking into the Steam Box consoles from Steam. They are game consoles that play your games you own from steam and the steam's prices of games are excellent.

Remember though, he clearly said he is a big Madden fan and wants to buy that game on whatever he gets. Madden is not likely to show up on the pc, and therefore SteamBox, for quite some time, if at all.