#1 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 13 December 2013 - 20:30

Quote from CNN's official Facebook page

CNN

BREAKING NEWS: There has been a shooting at Arapahoe High School in Centennial, Colorado, the local sheriff tells CNN affiliate KMGH.

More info here

http://www.cnn.com/2...adoshooting330p

#2 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,418 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 20:32

Oh noes!

#3 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,849 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 20:49

seems about right to start up another media scare... being one year since Newton happened..

#4 link6155

link6155

Neowinian

• 845 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 20:50

I don't live too far away from the high school, it's about a 30 minutes drive from where I am...

#5 OP Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 20:51

I hope there aren't any fatalities god forbid :(

#6 OP Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 20:55

The shooter has died from self-inflicted wound according Sheriff Grayson Robinson, according to CNN via TV

#7 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,849 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 20:57

Suspect in Colorado high school shooting found dead in school

#8 +Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

• 3,827 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 21:00

Sad, sad news. :(

#9 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 21:05

The shooter has died from self-inflicted wound according Sheriff Grayson Robinson, according to CNN via TV

Fortunately it sounds like he was the only fatality.

#10 T3X4S

T3X4S

Neowinian

• 978 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 21:21

Lately it seems there have been a lot of reports of suicide.  Also, a friend of mine blew his brains out about a month ago over a girl.  I always wonder what was going through their mind the last 5 minutes.  I think it would be interesting to "hear" their thoughts before they do the deed.

As for the friend of mine, apparently their recent newborn was starting to look a little hispanic (neither him nor the mom were hispanic) and she was a piece of trash to begin with.  But he walked up to her, and apparently said, "this is what you made me do" then put a gun against his temple and pulled the trigger.  I recently sold him my ThinkPad and I emailed him a week prior asking him how the laptop was treating him and how he was doing.  He said "Actually, I am in the lowest point of my life right now, call me."  It was @ 6:00am and I was getting ready for work, so I told him I would call him later in the day.  I called around 10:00 and got his VM.  Never talked to him again.

Sorry for hijacking the thread - and taking this into another direction, and making it about me - but I havent talked to anyone about this and I guess I wanted someone to "hear" the story.

#11 Liana

Liana

Tech Girl

• 644 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 00:57

Colorado is a crazy place to live sometimes.

#12 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,536 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:00

Lately it seems there have been a lot of reports of suicide.  Also, a friend of mine blew his brains out about a month ago over a girl.  I always wonder what was going through their mind the last 5 minutes.  I think it would be interesting to "hear" their thoughts before they do the deed.

As for the friend of mine, apparently their recent newborn was starting to look a little hispanic (neither him nor the mom were hispanic) and she was a piece of trash to begin with.  But he walked up to her, and apparently said, "this is what you made me do" then put a gun against his temple and pulled the trigger.  I recently sold him my ThinkPad and I emailed him a week prior asking him how the laptop was treating him and how he was doing.  He said "Actually, I am in the lowest point of my life right now, call me."  It was @ 6:00am and I was getting ready for work, so I told him I would call him later in the day.  I called around 10:00 and got his VM.  Never talked to him again.

Sorry for hijacking the thread - and taking this into another direction, and making it about me - but I havent talked to anyone about this and I guess I wanted someone to "hear" the story.

if you need to talk, most of us here will hear you out, as it is good to get it off your chest, make a topic in member's metro :)

I'll read (listen)

#13 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:55

The kid injured two then killed himself. The teacher he was trying to kill fled to outside of the school.

#14 P.M.K

P.M.K

Digital Mind Control

• 2,440 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:05

Sad, sad news. :(

It is really sad news, but unfortunately it doesn't come has a huge surprise. Where did the kid get the gun??

#15 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,453 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:24

It is really sad news, but unfortunately it doesn't come has a huge surprise. Where did the kid get the gun??

The news I saw said it was a shotgun.  In a lot of states I believe you can buy long-guns at 18, so he may have actually bought it himself.  Handguns are restricted until you're 21, but I believe you can buy rifles and shotguns at 18 in most places.