Shooting reported at Colorado High School

While I certainly do agree with this and believe it is a good policy as it is a nice deterrent, couldn't this possibly make these armed guardians the first target for a potential shooting?

That would be a case for more than one, and they can be trained regular staffers to reduce the cost. The training is already available for security guards and concealed carry licensees. Just specify Level 2.

In our area doors have cams and alarms, only one door can be opened from the outside and it's a controlled double door entrance. Some districts are also adding passive metal detectors, and during classes you cannot go past the front office without checking in.

The shooter appears to have been a liberal and mocked republicans and held strong beliefs for gun laws. 

The teenage gunman who entered Arapahoe High School on Friday afternoon and shot two fellow students with a shotgun was outspoken about politics, was a gifted debater and might have been bullied for his beliefs, according to students who knew him.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson identified the gunman as Karl Pierson, an 18-year-old student.

"He had very strong beliefs about gun laws and stuff," said junior Abbey Skoda, who was in a class with Pierson during her freshman year. "I also heard he was bullied a lot."

Robinson said that his department was investigating reports that Pierson was seeking to settle a score with a teacher after a confrontation.

Pierson also appears to mock Republicans on another Facebook post, writing "you republicans are so cute" and posting an image that reads: "The Republican Party: Health Care: Let 'em Die, Climate Change: Let 'em Die, Gun Violence: Let 'em Die, Women's Rights: Let 'em Die, More War: Let 'em Die. Is this really the side you want to be on?"

Carl Schmidt and Brendon Mendelson, both seniors at Arapahoe High, knew Pierson. They said he had political views that were "outside the mainstream," but they did not elaborate.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24721367/arapahoe-high-gunman-held-strong-political-beliefs-classmates

Before all the school shootings my High school had an armed security officer and a police officer on duty. 

Before all the school shootings, my high school had a couple of security cameras facing the parking lot and that was it. No guarded or locked doors, no metal detectors, no officers, and also no guns, shootings, or fear.