Photo

Hawaii plane crash fuels Obama 'birther' theories

usa birth certificate public health director authenticity loose ends conspiracy theorists

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:20

When President Obama marched into the White House briefing room with his Hawaiian birth certificate in April 2011, he said: "I know that there's going to be a segment of people for which, no matter what we put out, this issue will not be put to rest."

How right he was. The release of his long-form birth certificate did not eliminate the "birther" movement, which wrongly contends that Obama was born in Kenya and is therefore ineligible to be president. Although conspiracists had demanded its release, once he made public the document it merely shifted the debate. Some birthers accused Obama of forgery, while others turned their focus to his college transcripts in hopes of proving that he had applied for admission as a foreign student. (He had not.)

And this week, birthers seized on a plane crash off Hawaii that killed one person: state public health Director Loretta Fuddy, the woman who verified the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate.

Skeptics turned to social media Thursday to suggest that Obama had played some role in Fuddy's death. Twitter posts included: "The WH tying up loose ends?" "What did she really know?" and "R.I.P. Loretta Fuddy — we'll know the truth about Barack Hussein Obama, regardless."

Donald Trump, a longtime doubter of Obama's birthplace, also weighed in on Twitter: "How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's 'birth certificate' died in plane crash today. All others lived."

That reaction didn't surprise those who study conspiracy theorists.

Fuddy, 65, was among nine people in a Cessna that crashed into the ocean Wednesday, shortly after leaving Kalaupapa Airport on the island of Molokai about 3:15 p.m. The eight others on the plane, including the pilot, were rescued, but Fuddy "remained in the fuselage of the plane," Honolulu Fire Capt. Terry Seelig told KHON-TV. "It's always a difficult situation when you're not able to get everybody out."

more

#2 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:23

What's next, some nut job is going to accuse Pres. Obama controlling the weather thus causing things like hurricane sandy etc? :rofl:

#3 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,321 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:28

:huh:

Didn't the Birth Certificate get released a long time ago? Isn't he in a second term? What reason would he have in killing her now? I'd assume it would have been more advantageous to kill her a long time ago... If there was any conspiracy that needed covering up...

#4 +Brandon Live

Brandon Live

Seattle geek

• 9,764 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:34

I thought for sure that tweet was from a Trump parody account. Apparently the parody account just retweeted the real guy =/

(How do you parody someone who's already a joke?)

#5 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,385 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:35

What's next, some nut job is going to accuse Pres. Obama controlling the weather thus things like hurricane sandy etc? :rofl:

you make no sense

:huh:

Didn't the Birth Certificate get released a long time ago? Isn't he in a second term? What reason would he have in killing her now? I'd assume it would have been more advantageous to kill her a long time ago... If there was any conspiracy that needed covering up...

Would still cause a huge uproar regardless of when the "truth" came out.  Maybe she was going to go public with the info.. who knows (I am not saying I believe the conspiracy but just giving reasons why she could be killed at any time)

#6 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:36

Fuddy was fine -- until that pillow over the head ....

#7 abecedarian paradoxious

abecedarian paradoxious

cell tech

• 1,270 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:36

What's next, some nut job is going to accuse Pres. Obama controlling the weather thus things like hurricane sandy etc? :rofl:

People already think HAARP does that, and since the Democrats / liberals are 'mostly' in control, why not? ;)

#8 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:39

People already think HAARP does that, and since the Democrats / liberals are 'mostly' in control, why not? ;)

That is just asking to be put into a asylum :wacko:

you make no sense

Would still cause a huge uproar regardless of when the "truth" came out.  Maybe she was going to go public with the info.. who knows (I am not saying I believe the conspiracy but just giving reasons why she could be killed at any time)

How does that make no sense? :huh:

#9 Louisifer

Louisifer

'-'

• 567 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:40

Wait till the US has an Asian female president. :laugh: 

There will be so many white old men flipping tables and some nut shouting "This forged birth certificate says you were born a man!" :shiftyninja:

#10 abecedarian paradoxious

abecedarian paradoxious

cell tech

• 1,270 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:41

Well, I wouldn't have to pay into the waste called Obamacare if that were to happen, right? :D

#11 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,385 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:42

How does that make no sense? :huh:

you jumped from having someone killed in a plane crash to having someone control the weather.  conspiracy theory or not.. having someone killed is at least plausible

#12 abecedarian paradoxious

abecedarian paradoxious

cell tech

• 1,270 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:44

Wait till the US has a Thai or Philippine female president. :laugh: 

There will be so many white old men flipping tables and some nut shouting "This forged birth certificate says you were born a man!" :shiftyninja:

Fixed it.

#13 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:46

you jumped from having someone killed in a plane crash to having someone control the weather.  conspiracy theory or not.. having someone killed is at least plausible

Its plausible, but I strongly think its very unlikely. Killing someone to cover something up would cause him to not only be impeached but be put in prison for life for murder. It wouldn't be a very good plan in my opinion.

#14 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 3,909 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:49

LOL Really.

#15 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 00:07