• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: HTC ONE V

Posted 13 December 2013 - 22:43

I want to get my dad some new speakers for Xmas.

He currently has X-530 speakers. Only thing wrong with it is that the subwoofer doesn't give a "BOOM", just a fainter "boom". When subwoofer is at max.

What was the successor to the X-530? can't remember exactly.... Was that the Z506?

#2 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:10

Depending on your budget, JBL, MicroLab, Logitech and Teac offer some excellent 2.1, and 5.1 units with very deep bass and full sound.

I have no knowledge of the Z506 as I'm still using the Z3's I bought many years ago, (discontinued now, but they were £130 when I bought them, just out)

#3 OP Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:13

I mean, it used to rock the room with its subwoofer, but these days, just a lil thump.

I can see what I can get for a set of Z4's, I'm still using mine over 3 years I think now. Great performance.

#4 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:15

I mean, it used to rock the room with its subwoofer, but these days, just a lil thump.

I can see what I can get for a set of Z4's, I'm still using mine over 3 years I think now. Great performance.

at the risk of asking a silly question (purely because the bass sound from mine can be heard the other side of my house, and it's not exactly a small house) have you checked all the audio levels on the machine, to make sure he hasn't accidentally turned down an eq setting or something similar?

#5 OP Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:20

We already tried that, tried it in Windows sound options, checked every connection, just.. nada..

#6 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:24

Well as a personal recommendation I'll vote for the Teac LS W300
if money's not a major concern, (but for my next build I was going to try and get the Bowers and Wilkins MT30 if they're still available, just need to find a stockist for them once I'm ready to build my next rig)

#7 OP Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:26

I know nothing than Logitech, so I don't really try much else other than Altic Lansing.

#8 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:30

I know nothing than Logitech, so I don't really try much else other than Altic Lansing.

That's ok, they are very capable speakers, my Z3's are incredible, and they blew away the Bose Companion 3's, (performance vs price). The Teac is really if you're into sound (I don't use the word audiophile, it feels a little dirty)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!