Many of you who had a Windows Mobile past like me, might be very well familiar with the inspiration behind this application I created, temporarily called as Energy Bar. I saw a couple of Android versions as well, including the one which comes bundled with MIUI custom roms. So, here is my implementation of it (Video Below):
What it does?
- Puts an Energy Bar at the top of the screen which indicates current battery level on any screen.
- Every time the battery goes down by 1%, the bar glows red and then reduces, if the level reaches <= 20 no more glowing!
- Plug-in any AC power source to start pulsating animation. The animation is detailed enough to let you know where was your battery level when you initially plugged in and what is it's current level during the whole process of charging.
- A customizer interface to choose between three colors, Activate/Deactivate, auto start on boot.
- The color chosen is always saved and used when the service is activated/deactivated, crashed and restarted, auto start on boot.
- When customizer interface is closed by clicking "Close and run in background....", only the bar runs which takes around 3 to 4 MB static RAM.
- The load on the CPU is 0% when the AC source is not plugged in. The service gets activated only when battery is reduced.
Alright! Now here is what I would love to hear from you guys:
- Suggestions! I need a general feedback and most importantly the goal of the thread - I need feature suggestion, something innovative, creative, c'mon people, I know we have got talented minds at Neowin!
When am I planning to release?
As soon as I receive an awesome feature suggestion, will implement and release the first version.
It's hard to showcase the features in screenshots, so I have uploaded a video of the app in action: