Program Manager for Windows 8

Are there any programs that replicate the old Program Manager interface on the desktop side? I'd love to engage in a little nostalgia.

Besides, if the rumored return of the Start Menu does eventually lead to MS giving up on Metro on full computers, I need to be ready. It's unlikely, I know, but I'd feel better knowing there's an alternative to the Menu available.

Old program manager? Do you mean the old start menu? If so there are bunch of different start menu alternatives. Classic Shell for example looks like Win7.

Old program manager? Do you mean the old start menu? If so there are bunch of different start menu alternatives. Classic Shell for example looks like Win7.

No, not the Start Menu. I hate the Start Menu and was glad to see it go with Win 8. I mean something similar to Program Manager, from Win 3.1. I just want to be ready with something decent if the 95/XP/Vista/7-style wall o`text menu becomes our only Microsoft-based option again.

I could - reluctantly -  live with Metro being relegated to just tablets, if I don't have to use the Start Menu on my desktop and laptop again.

Besides, might be fun to engage in a little nostalgia.