Thinking of switching to Android from iOS/Windows Phone

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 December 2013 - 23:42

Absolutely...compared to the garbage that is known as Touchwiz and LG's overlay. 

Not compared to say...stock.  Or Motorola's implementation.

Heck, even go back to when Motorola used their Motoblur, Sense is far more bloated.

Comparing bloat to other bloat doesn't qualify as minimal.  It just means it is lighter bloat.

#47 Ravensky

Ravensky

Neowinian

Posted 18 December 2013 - 23:47

I got the Nexus 5 on T-Mobile and I LOVE IT!!! I don't use my iPhone at all anymore...the only one that still calls it is my boss ... lol  Dump Verizon they are TERRIBLE and expensive...go with AT&T or T-Mobile for the best all around service and support and price.

#48 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:22

Fixed tht  for ya  :)

I like my LG G2.  Works great, fast.  No problems.  Only thing I dont like is the shinny/slippery back.

I got an Amzer silicone case and the phone still has it's plastic not removed. No slippery slopes. Pure grip.

#49 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:28

I got an Amzer silicone case and the phone still has it's plastic not removed. No slippery slopes. Pure grip.

Thanks. Not a big fan of cases. There is a video/page out there I saw where someone took sand paper and it took away the skin and made it a dull grayish color. So I may try that.

#50 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:31

Thanks. Not a big fan of cases. There is a video/page out there I saw where someone took sand paper and it took away the skin and made it a dull grayish color. So I may try that.

Why would you want to bring down the resale value like that?

Because of that rubberized case, my 3 month phone still looks as new. 

See you at xda.

#51 OP shockz

shockz

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:51

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, disappointed the nexus 5 isn't available either. I'll have look at the HTC One and Moto X phones!

#52 Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:07

I would recommend either the Moto X or the Nexus 5

#53 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:39

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, disappointed the nexus 5 isn't available either. I'll have look at the HTC One and Moto X phones!

I went to a few BestBuy's wih no luck, called radioshack, tmobile, sprint and they wouldn't price match. Ordered a 32GB 1 day shipping for $445, checked on Craigslist and got a 32GB for $380. Playing with it now, trying to like it over iOS, adding all my apps that I have on my iPhone and forcing myself. It's nice so far.

#54 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:44

Not a terrible price. Let us know if you need help.

#55 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:43

I picked up a T-Stand Hybrid Dual Layer Deluxe armor case for my Optimus G Pro on Amazon and it's pretty rugged. Silicone on the corners, hardshell on the back with a kickstand. Needed to use a plastic knife to wedge in the last side & get the silicon bumper placed right along the bezel the first time, but at <$6.00? 4 months in and still good.

679321690_tp.jpg