Photo

How many SSD's do you own?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Poll: How many SSD's do you own?

How many SSD's do you own?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 earthworm jimmy

earthworm jimmy

ooh yeah, that's right!

• 10,119 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:07

I've never had to wait 4-10 minutes on any of my computers. But then again, I never really shut them down unless I needed to. My 2009 iMac takes max 2 minutes.

I've wanted to put a SSD in my iMac, but nervous about taking the screen off. What's normal boot times on a SSD?

i have a password screen on windows, then other loading, so your result may wary.

but i think it takes less then 30-35 seconds for me to boot up.  usually about 10-15 second to password, and 5-15 second after.  it damn fast.

speed increase is noticeable in other areas too, you know. if you primary boot partition is SSD, everything starts up faster. opening a program.

loading office, photoshop and pretty much every other tool is close to instant, instead of a delay you have to wait.

and don't get me started on gaming.    the games that give you tips to read on loading screens.    i never manage to read even a quarter of the tip... it always finishes up loading in seconds. instead of minutes.

#122 ROMCat

ROMCat

Neowinian

• 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 19:57

Just one so far: A Plextor M.2 2280 SSD

#123 EyEvil

EyEvil

I let the dogs out!

• 305 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 20:07

3 computers. Main desktop has 2x480 SSD in Raid 0. 2nd PC for medias on tv has a 250GB and laptop only has 120GB. Disks on main desktop is wide open and sharing all to laptop and media pc.