Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ACTIONpack

How often do you reinstall your phone OS?

50 posts in this topic

Wen`t through a 'phase' of installing custom ROM`s and even tweaking them a bit before install (allways had a couple of nandroids to fall back on) but finally found one that i really like so have stuck with it for ages now. Can`t be arrised anymore, for what you get (depending on the blower) half the time it`s not worth it...

Can be enjoyable though, sat there looking at the screen hoping it goes to the next stage :)

Everytime CM comes out with a new version, once my Moto X arrives - never again, unless OTA update. 

I would only do it if I've installed a beta version on my main phone and it proves to be too unstable for daily use. Otherwise, never.

im also doing it nightly atm on cm11 on my i9300 =] hit that junkie rom faze

Only when update notifications come in. No problems.

Once every few days, but im a crack flasher and love testing new roms out. I cant seem to stay on one so it seems every few days ill give another a shot :)

Not very often but i recently installed 4.4.2 kitkat  on my nexus 5

on my old phone galaxy s gt i 9000 all the time but it was rooted

With every new release or general system update (like 8.1). It's just too common for bugs and/or general instability to be introduced in desktops with them.

Then, I ghost it at several different stages: clean install, configured, non-development apps installed and configured, again after interoperations with VMs and other servers have been installed and configured, and then again after my development environment and apps are installed and configured.

I'll revert back to a ghost several times a year for various reasons.

I don't know how I missed "phone" in the title and body, but obviously I did :rolleyes:

Ya, never.

Never. My phone is like my gateway to the world socially most of the time, I need it to always be there. I don't want to be messing around installing different systems and whatnot. It just has to be on and stay on.

Never had to reinstall unless you count upgrades. Windows Phone is solid.

2 people like this

This year twice, i guess i average about 2-3 times a year at a rough guess.

I went from stock Android to Cyanogenmod at the start of the year. I've upgraded through various RC and stable Cyanogenmod builds using the OTA updater, however i wouldn't class that as re installing my phone as i wiped nothing.

At the start of this month i totally wiped my phone and installed Cyanogenmod 11.

I do like to mess with my phone a bit, however i'm not one to be flashing new roms / kernels every other day. I like to be on the latest version of Android, have a stable set-up and keep it that way.

Is there to stop or disable the 4.3 update notification?

I am not ready to update it yet.

I flash different roms all the time on my Nexus 4

Never, never reinstalled the OS on my laptop either, nor my desktop, unless the hard drive died. I've got virtual machines if I just want to screw around with things.

I've only did it once. After I got my phone I played with a bunch of ROMs and when I finished and put stock back on there I re-installed. It's been smooth sailing every since.

I've never updated my HTC Titan.

I once updated my Xperia X10, when AT&T made an update available.

Never.  I'm on iOS, so there's no reason.

I would default my iPhone every so often, if I was having an issue. Other than that, no. I haven't run into any real issues with WP 8 yet.

When I'm on Cyanogenmod, every time there was a new nightly.

Really? For the Nexus 5, there was a new nightly almost every other day. I believe there was a 28th, 29, 30th, 1st Jan, updates.

It's pretty safe to update through CM.

Never, IOS.

Only when there is an update :)

either for testing purpose or if there are new features that I want to get my hands on

iPhone 5, never.

I haven't switched roms since I got my G2. But now I have an OTG cable so I'm gonna try out a couple.

how often should it be done? like, would there be any benefit to it

I usually do mine at least a few weeks after a new version to get an idea of whether or not there are issues. One of my roommates still has his iPhone 3GS on iOS 3.1.3