• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 17 January 2014 - 23:49

Logitech G19s hands down winner for non-mech keyboard, G510s is a good substitute if you don't want to shell out too much cash (just got one at Christmas and I love it).

Not sure who makes the best mech kleyboards, but if its got cherry switches it'll be good, Logitech G710 should be good if the 19 and 510 are though.

#17 +Odom

Odom

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:46

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750

k750r-gallery-1-emea.png

Works for me :D

I used to have the G19 series Keyboards, but then hardly ever used the Macro keys nor the built in display. That, and the fact that the keyboard is larger than usual made me change to the Solar one. Being wireless is also nice, as I have my TV hooked up to my computer, so that I can watch movies on it. With the K750 I can browse and open movies from the couch.

#18 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:51

That G19 recommended as you can see has 12 macro keys. Thats really the only thing useful.

Technically it has 36, there are three buttons at the top M1, M2 and M3... each macro key can have 3 macro's thanks to those buttons.

I have the original G15 - have to admit I never really found a use for Macro keys but as a keyboard it is still going strong after 7 or 8 years.

#19 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• Phone: iPhone 6+, iOS 8.1

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:56

razer-deathstalker-ultimate-gamer-keyboa
This. Razor Deathstalker. 
Its not a mechanical keyboard, but that shouldn't distract from just how good this is. Its REALLY quiet and fast, and the custom screen on the right can be configured to show anything, from Facebook feed, to music player, to in-game stats (think WoW) or pretty much anything else. 
Has its own 'gaming mode' too which is great. :)

#20 +Odom

Odom

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:00

Technically it has 36, there are three buttons at the top M1, M2 and M3... each macro key can have 3 macro's thanks to those buttons.

I have the original G15 - have to admit I never really found a use for Macro keys but as a keyboard it is still going strong after 7 or 8 years.

(Y)

The LCD for the G15/G19 has also nice features. If you use Teamspeak or similar applications, there is an addin for it. You can then see on the display who joins the chatroom, who is talking, you can mute, etc... Many games also display information on the LCD.

I also enjoyed the backlit keyboard and the fact that you can change it to any colour you want.

Meanwhile I don't play those games anymore, hardly any, and the keyboard was too big for me. But my parents still use it for WoW and my mom does her own macros and scripts, she uses pretty mych all the Macro keys. She absolutely loves that keyboard.

#21 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:21

http://gaming.logite...gaming-keyboard

Logitech-G710-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard

Logitech G710+ for me.

#22 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 20 January 2014 - 23:50

(Y)

The LCD for the G15/G19 has also nice features. If you use Teamspeak or similar applications, there is an addin for it. You can then see on the display who joins the chatroom, who is talking, you can mute, etc... Many games also display information on the LCD.

I also enjoyed the backlit keyboard and the fact that you can change it to any colour you want.

Meanwhile I don't play those games anymore, hardly any, and the keyboard was too big for me. But my parents still use it for WoW and my mom does her own macros and scripts, she uses pretty mych all the Macro keys. She absolutely loves that keyboard.

Yeh, if you have your own TS server you can even admin it from the game panel, not need to drop out of game which is really nice.

#23 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:58

I use a Logitech G19, but I am not fussed on it.  Waste of money, really, should have went for G15.

#24 +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

• Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 22 January 2014 - 23:56

I have a Corsair K90 keyboard and it's the best keyboard I've ever had.

I might add that I have that keyboard because of an excellent review by Neowin, I think Corsair makes the best gaming mouse too.

#25 Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

• OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:54

I'm currently using a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013. I do recommend it for gaming however to be honest, I find myself considering getting a Ducky Shine 3 to replace it at some point.

#26 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Phone: Android

Posted 23 January 2014 - 13:51

I'm currently using a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013. I do recommend it for gaming however to be honest, I find myself considering getting a Ducky Shine 3 to replace it at some point.

I almost got a Shine, but the price was too much, why I settled on the SteelSeries 6Gv2, it was that much cheaper, I might look at them again if things improve here

#27 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3110

Posted 23 January 2014 - 14:02

You can assign any keys on a keyboard to do in-game movements/tasks. So maybe just go for the most ergonomic keyboard for you and focus more on the mouse?

I use the Logitech K750R Wireless Solar Power Keyboard.

8820-5152410-600x600.jpg

Has never run out of battery, never had an issue with it playing games.

http://www.logitech....t/k750-keyboard

#28 Jake Lee

Jake Lee

Neowinian

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:51

Have you check razer anansi?

#29 OP Jase

Jase

It's like..Kablammo!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:48

Anyone tried this keyboard: ROCCAT ISKU

20ZnLUQ.jpg