Windows Phone Question (Lumia 1020)

lol never did find floating browsers or video in background anything more than a gimmick, I would love to share my wallpapers and layouts, but they're so nsfw it isn't even funny :p

My phone does the floating browsers and video players.  

And if you get this phone like mine, you can view 2 apps at once. Note 3 as well.

• Like 1

Ringtones?
Yes

Wallpapers?

Well... because of the lifetiles, that only left some small black (or white) bars, a wallpaper would be prety useless, the lockscreen however is a great spot.

Close apps?
2 ways: push the back button or the app switcher and "close".

Loadyness and bzzz?
Ok to me.

Concernes?

Yes, the camera, it's a SCARY good one... I wouldn't buy it if you can't handel the camera's images, they will eat you eyes.

• Like 1

My phone does the floating browsers and video players.  

And if you get this phone like mine, you can view 2 apps at once. Note 3 as well.

Um, s3 does that already......:p

You see, I'm in two minds. I am half way through my two year contract and I both like and dislike my Windows Phone. However I don't use my phone as much as I could/should. I mainly text/call with the occasional web browse/twitter, facebook and game.

Unless Microsoft make some massive changes to the OS in the next year, I will probably not get a Windows Phone again.

Windows Phone 8.1 is said to be a huge upgrade, due within a year...

Yeah I know. I didn't feel like to list more.. but you get the idea... and since you already know. :)

I rarely use those features in all honesty, and could very likely just use a regular phone some, of those come with the features (or apps if you prefer) that I use the most, outside of navigation and a couple of others but it was easier just having an all in one device, I'll tell you what, buy me the lumia I was thinking about, and I'll send you a thank you here on neowin :p

I rarely use those features in all honesty, and could very likely just use a regular phone some, of those come with the features (or apps if you prefer) that I use the most, outside of navigation and a couple of others but it was easier just having an all in one device, I'll tell you what, buy me the lumia I was thinking about, and I'll send you a thank you here on neowin :p

It's kinda too late. I spent money on bills and christmas gifts.

If you have AT&T in your town (probably not.)... they have $0 down on the phones which you can see on the website which you could pay monthly on phone including the data plan.

It's kinda too late. I spent money on bills and christmas gifts.

If you have AT&T in your town (probably not.)... they have $0 down on the phones which you can see on the website which you could pay monthly on phone including the data plan.

nope O2UK (owned by Teliphonica <namecheck>) I can get one for ?32 a month and probably can get it cheaper than that, but it's a 2 year contract and an up front fee

?43 for the free handset

but I could threaten to leave and take my business account somewhere else, just to see if they can offer me a better deal

I don't directly have a business account with them, but I was instrumental in getting my uncle, who I used to work for, his business account

I've had a Lumia 925 for two weeks, before i had a Lumia 800

Basically how customisable is it?

It's very customizable, but not in a different way with respect to android. You can't change icon, fonts, wallpapers as in android, but you can change the size and the arrangement of your tiles in the way you want, even create folders of apps with App Folder.

Can the ringtones be customised to whatever I want?

Yes, using this method or the app Ringtone Maker

How about wallpapers?

You can customize only the wallpaper of the lock screen. Anyway wp8 allows you to choose an apps that automatically sets the background: Facebook sets photos from your news feed, the same as twitter, wallbase, etc.

I know the tiles can be added or removed as needed, but how does one close unused applications?

From GDR3 onward you can close apps holding the back key and tapping on the X key.

How loud is the ringer and how much force is there in the phone's vibrate function?

I can speak only about my phone. The ringer volume is fine, but the vibrator is not very loud, at least when placed on a table. For sure, my friend's galaxy s4 is way louder when vibrating.

Hope it helps :)

• Like 1