Photo

Console of the Year: PS4 Wins (TrustedReview)

console ps4 sony xbox one 360 ps3 wii year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#1 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3110

Posted 16 December 2013 - 16:01

Source: http://www.trustedre...edreviews-award

PS4 beats Xbox One to win TrustedReviews Award

"A clear favourite with consumers, the PS4 raked in a staggering 49.73 per cent of the public vote, more than double the 19.71 per cent achieved by the rival Xbox One. Amazingly, the ageing PS3, with exclusives like The Last of Us, gave the newer Xbox One a run for its money, securing 11.21 per cent of the public vote."

Judges and Public voters on Trusted Review voted in the PS4 as the Console of the Year by landslide victory, it credits this award to the PS4 for its next-gen graphics, online features, price and the fact it is a more gamer orientated console.

#2 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 16 December 2013 - 16:12

It's kind of funny.  I had brought up the game console argument a few times in the ps4 vs XBone threads.  Every single time I was shot down, with others saying that it's not about being a game console, it's not just gamers that care, etc.  However one of the points is the fact it's got a focus as a game console.

#3 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 December 2013 - 16:17

Ouya was robbed.

#4 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 16 December 2013 - 16:22

It's kind of funny.  I had brought up the game console argument a few times in the ps4 vs XBone threads.  Every single time I was shot down, with others saying that it's not about being a game console, it's not just gamers that care, etc.  However one of the points is the fact it's got a focus as a game console.

I think calling something more gamer orientated is a broad term, it can mean many things. I personally think it means better graphics capabilities, more focus on the games in UI, controller designed for long periods of play (+comfort), putting money into game development and not tv shows or sponsoring NFL deals just for an live NFL app. Designing the console around getting the best specs to play games rather than being a hdmi splitter and coaxial tv input.

But with that being said the PS4 also does non-gamer things like media, internet and apps. (But these are things lots of people use anyway)

#5 incendy

incendy

Neowinian

Posted 16 December 2013 - 16:27

Sony has a huge following, which is kind of funny since the PS4 at this point really doesn't do much haha. The press definitely hyped them into oblivion for being able to hand physical discs back and forth. Hopefully they will one day live up to that hype, but right now it is a beta console without any great exclusives, or useful multimedia features.

#6 firey

firey

Posted 16 December 2013 - 16:31

Sony has a huge following, which is kind of funny since the PS4 at this point really doesn't do much haha. The press definitely hyped them into oblivion for being able to hand physical discs back and forth. Hopefully they will one day live up to that hype, but right now it is a beta console without any great exclusives, or useful multimedia features.

Does everything I expected it to do.   Games? Check.  Bluray Movies? Check.   Netflix? Check.  Web Browsing? Check.   

#7 incendy

incendy

Neowinian

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:08

Does everything I expected it to do.   Games? Check.  Bluray Movies? Check.   Netflix? Check.  Web Browsing? Check.   

Well, yeah but your PS3 does all of those and in most cases better haha. I am sure it will be great down the road but right now it offers very little. Xbox One actually has the opposite problem, they offer so much new but some of it is half baked.

#8 firey

firey

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:14

Well, yeah but your PS3 does all of those and in most cases better haha. I am sure it will be great down the road but right now it offers very little. Xbox One actually has the opposite problem, they offer so much new but some of it is half baked.

Maybe I am not understanding your point.  You were saying that the PS4 doesn't do much, and was over hyped.  It is doing exactly what I expected, how I expected.  It does all of what I listed better than the PS3. It's a step up.

I could buy a new computer today, that costs less than the machine I built 5 years ago, has better specs, and does exactly the same things (same os), does that mean it's not good?

Maybe I am old fashioned (though I don't think I am old enough to be).. but I would rather have less quantity and more quality.  Giving too much and it not working, is far worse than having not as much but all working as expected. 

#9 +fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:26

They are right.. The PS4 is more geared for gaming, while the xbox focuses on a lot more.. I want a game console to play games.. 

#10 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:27

PS3 didn't have share feature, party chat, controller-less motion control, voice control, 1080p gaming, remote play, second screen (smart phones, tablets), touchpad on controller, etc.

PS4 added a few features actually.

#11 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:31

A console that has been out a few weeks wins console of the year :laugh:

#12 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:34

A console that has been out a few weeks wins console of the year :laugh:

Well it is the end of the year and a few weeks seems to be enough time to judge that its better than the competition and previous consoles.

#13 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:35

Congrat's Sony...  I will own your box once Second Son comes out.  (nobody tell my wife please  :woot: )

#14 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:37

Congrat's Sony...  I will own your box once Second Son comes out.  (nobody tell my wife please  :woot: )

lol, I'm looking forward to Second Son also.. looks great on the trailers!

#15 incendy

incendy

Neowinian

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:37

PS3 didn't have share feature, party chat, controller-less motion control, voice control, 1080p gaming, remote play, second screen (smart phones, tablets), touchpad on controller, etc.

PS4 added a few features actually.

Eye Toy was around since PS2 "although it is still just an accessory", voice control "I would say it is still missing, it is so limited", remote play is cool "if you have a vita, I do not", second screen is cool if you have a supported smart phone "I do not", party chat is cool but a feature you just expect since it has been around forever. I will give you the sharing feature though.