Console of the Year: PS4 Wins (TrustedReview)

PC = Personal Computer

Windows OS operates on most PC's but its not the only OS which does and its still not a previous version of IOS.

No its BF4, AC4 already has the patch.

Source: http://au.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

I must be missing something. Where does it mention a 1080p BF4 patch?

I love how the OP is using backwards compatibility that doesn't actually exist yet as one of his benefits of the PS4. Last I heard, this was coming 2015, at least in the UK (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a534973/ps4-to-receive-gaikai-streaming-service-in-uk-in-2015.html).  Also, for the record, this isn't backwards compatibility. This is game streaming, and experience with other services tells me this will suck.

If we're including this on the "Pros" of the PS4, then we might as well include it on the "Pros" of the One too, since Microsoft announced they were investigating it also (but have his hurdles).

Not only that.. it doesnt even really say where the results came from.. just says public poll...  what does that mean.. people on the street?  do the people actually own both devices to vote? 

Agreed, what do they mean by public poll and how many people were asked.  I was never asked...

I love how the OP is using backwards compatibility that doesn't actually exist yet as one of his benefits of the PS4. Last I heard, this was coming 2015, at least in the UK (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a534973/ps4-to-receive-gaikai-streaming-service-in-uk-in-2015.html).  Also, for the record, this isn't backwards compatibility. This is game streaming, and experience with other services tells me this will suck.

If we're including this on the "Pros" of the PS4, then we might as well include it on the "Pros" of the One too, since Microsoft announced they were investigating it also (but have his hurdles).

The thing is, this thread isn't about comparing the features of the PS4 and XBone.  It's about how the PS4 wins the TrustedReview console of the year.  

Just Sayin'

If the NSA revelations about logging every bit of traffic that goes into the USA hadn't surfaced, including that MS was in the NSAs back pocket I figure MS wouldn't have botched their launch and their 300,000 cloud servers would be feeding the extra bits to the GPUs of ones to allow 1080p games like they had planned.

Since everyone whined and MS only spoke of the negatives of the Xbone when they did their press release rather than the positives, that whole launch model got canned, however the console was already in production. In production with the plan to offload GPU calculations...

Until MS can re-open their 'streaming/steam-style launch' they were touting with the always connected intenret their system won't be doing so well - considering theres one $100 cheaper that plays the same games better. Plus I really hate their controller redesign. Cool trigger rumble but overall I liked the 360 controller more. I despised the PS3s 100%, but I do love the PS4 aside from the touch button pad.

The thing is, this thread isn't about comparing the features of the PS4 and XBone.  It's about how the PS4 wins the TrustedReview console of the year.  

Just Sayin'

Which is great.. and happy for Sony.. but I think people are questioning how any reputable source can declare a console of the year to a console that has been out for less than 2 months..   Just sayin'

If anything the console of the year should goto the PS3 or 360

The console wars are over everybody!  Yeehaw!  No more console fanboy wars!

console2.png

Did no one here watch South Park ESP. Console suck, go out side and play!!!

Which is great.. and happy for Sony.. but I think people are questioning how any reputable source can declare a console of the year to a console that has been out for less than 2 months..   Just sayin'

If anything the console of the year should goto the PS3 or 360

The same way unreleased consoles 'win' E3. We should all know from the past winners are declared every other month. I mean there's still a chance the PS3 will outsell the 360 come the day they are off the shelves, but as far as things sit right now the 360 has won.

Every other month there's a new flavour to be drinkin :P

I think its great that people like the ps4, but why is this news to anyone.

We don't need any polls to tell us people like the ps4, just look at the sales figures.

Its a great console.

I'm not sure why people would take this poll and then make a claim against the X1 though. News flash: its selling well too. People like the console, gamers like the console. Turns out MS built a console that can game just like the ps4 does. They have also invested tons of money into game development like Sony has. Sony just went with a stronger gpu. The existence of media features does not invalidate gaming features.

The best thing we can do is enjoy what we own and leave it at that. We don't need polls to validate our opinions. If you prefer the games on the ps4, then your in for a treat. I'm glad I got it thanks to the games that will be coming.

I'm not sure why people would take this poll and then make a claim against the X1 though.

I can think of a few reasons ;)

Seriously though, TrustedReviews?  I'm just going to go ahead and claim that Xbox One wins the console wars because South Park said so as that seems about as credible :P

Nice to see people patting themselves on the back for yet another meaningless task.

Polygon gave Xbox One a better score in their console reviews, does this make that console better? No, it just means the reviews personally enjoyed it and that is their opinion.

This poll gave the award to the PS4 but does that mean the Xbox One is terrible? No, people just voted for the PS4 because that is their opinion.

Opinions aren't facts, just sayin'.

Wow with the amount of Trolling on this thread..

To those posting, you realise this thread is in the Sony sub-forums and it is a news post. If I posted rubbish like the stuff the Xbox fanboys have been posting on elsewhere I probably would've received a warning by now for posting troll-bait...

Both consoles have been out for awhile now, if two months isn't enough time for you to decide that the PS4 is better than its competitor and previous consoles than it obviously isn't the console for you.

Its a console of the year award for a year that's almost ending.. No need to get upset there is always next year.

Like in Australia, where the Xbox one is still available in retail store shelves since it's first shipment.

Didn't the xbox one outsell the ps4 in Australia ?

Btw do you know what sort of voting/polling took place... Article fails to mention anything like facts or numbers(besides a %) to go by.

Like in Australia, where the Xbox one is still available in retail store shelves since it's first shipment.

Look at actual sales number, it technically selling out in Australia, MS just manages to produce enough consoles to cover the demand, so they fill up the shells at the shells at the same rate they empty them.

Sooooo....what I have gathered from this thread, is that more Playstation fans voted in an online poll? How exactly did it "win" anything?

Trusted Review judges decided on the outcome, the public vote was just additional information to say that the public also voted on the PS4.

Look at actual sales number, it technically selling out in Australia, MS just manages to produce enough consoles to cover the demand, so they fill up the shells at the shells at the same rate they empty them.

Could you explain how something always being available on store shelves is technically selling out?

Could you explain how something always being available on store shelves is technically selling out?

Just because it has stock and isn't "sold out" doesn't mean it isn't selling, but I guess roughly 2 million isn't a good number.....

I must admit I am a huge fan of playstation, I love all of the features in the ps3, but I'm getting bored and impatient with the ps4 as I have a nice Bluetooth headset I cannot use

HURRY UP SONY!

Other than that, I was seriously considering the xbox, if nothing else, I did use the media server, and youtube apps..

again, hurry up sony

Didn't the xbox one outsell the ps4 in Australia ?

As for the trolling(even calling it that's a stretch) it's because you posted some no name site giving an award to a 2 month old console. Btw do you know what sort of voting/polling took place... Article fails to mention anything like facts or numbers(besides a %) to go by.

Fyi TR isn't some no name site, not that this one/ps4 winner/loser really matters at this point, I just want to stand up for TR. Really helped me with product reviews over the years.

It's a UK based site hence why some of you Americans may not be familiar with it.

Fyi TR isn't some no name site, not that this one/ps4 winner/loser really matters at this point, I just want to stand up for TR. Really helped me with product reviews over the years.

It's a UK based site hence why some of you Americans may not be familiar with it.

I agree. Trusted Reviews is a pretty good website and certainly one i look at when trying to work out if i should buy a certain product. Certainly not a 'no name site'.

And you've got to laugh at some people here. Usually telling people to stop posting negative topics and then when a positive thread comes along in the subforum it belongs in so you can't even call it baiting, and it gets sh*t on.

I agree. Trusted Reviews is a pretty good website and certainly one i look at when trying to work out if i should buy a certain product. Certainly not a 'no name site'.

And you've got to laugh at some people here. Usually telling people to stop posting negative topics and then when a positive thread comes along in the subforum it belongs in so you can't even call it baiting, and it gets sh*t on.

I used it a lot for monitors actually, back when I was buying a new monitor every second year or so :P I've not really known it for consoles to be fair, more PC components, cameras and phones, but yeah it's a good site.

Console of the year... when the consoles came out in November?

Not being funny here but surely the XBox 360 would have been console of the year?

It was released 8 years ago, its not hard to say a current-gen console has beat a 8yr old console. Or a competing console which has been out the same amount of time.

If you had a choice between a 360 and a PS4 would you get the 360? I know I wouldn't nor would I get a PS3 over an Xbox One but I'm not a fanboy of a brand, I just go for whatever I think is better.

It was released 8 years ago, its not hard to say a current-gen console has beat a 8yr old console. Or a competing console which has been out the same amount of time.

If you had a choice between a 360 and a PS4 would you get the 360? I know I wouldn't nor would I get a PS3 over an Xbox One but I'm not a fanboy of a brand, I just go for whatever I think is better.

What i'm saying is what has the PS4 (or the XB1 for that matter) done to warrant "Console of the year"? Nothing, that's what.

The accolade would be far better suited to a console that achieved something, like the 360 or PS3.