Acer Iconia W3 / MS Office 2013 Product Key Info

I recently bought an Acer Iconia W3 64GB from Amazon and one of the things that the selling page clearly states is that I comes with Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2013 and reading reviews and watching reviews on Youtube confirms that a product key card is bundled with the unit.

Unfortunately mine is missing from the box, Amazon say to speak to Acer, Acer seem sketchy on the info and don't seem to know their products and speaking to MS via chat results in the agent abruptly ending the chat.

So my questions are, 

Does the Acer Iconia 64GB 8-inch tablet come bundled with a 'full' version of MS Office H&S 2013?

Should I find the key card with the box?

Who is liable if its missing?

Thanks in advance and yes I know about the poor screen, the tablet was cheap.

As you're in Scotland, you're covered by the distance selling regulations. Amazon are the seller, therefore THEY are the legally responsible party and must sell the items as described, or refund.

Don't take their excuses.

• Like 1

As you're in Scotland, you're covered by the distance selling regulations. Amazon are the seller, therefore THEY are the legally responsible party and must sell the items as described, or refund.

Don't take their excuses.

Yes I am in Scotland, would they exchange if I didn't want a refund?

They still saying no, then?  They can't, you know.. It's the law.. Threaten them if they won't.

No they said that due to it being an Amazon Warehouse item I should have expected some items to be missing, I explained that the description needed to reflect this and did not, so they offered a partial refund and I get to keep the item.

Would be good if someone can answer the question as to whether 8inch tablets come with full version of Office 2013 H&S.

They're lying.

And yes, 8" tabs should come with Office 2013, BUT, only if the description says it does. There's no legal requirement to provide it otherwise.

Below is the initial link I visited, then looked for others that were cheaper, under condition it just said very good boxed, no mention of missing items but initial description said it comes with office 2013.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D763QYQ/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Below is the initial link I visited, then looked for others that were cheaper, under condition it just said very good boxed, no mention of missing items but initial description said it comes with office 2013.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D763QYQ/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not certain that Amazon would be accountable in this case, since Amazon facilitated the sale but is not the actual merchant. Also, the specific item description over-rules the generic description on the item's main page. In this case:

Very Good - If an item has been tested and verified to be in perfect working order but it has cosmetic damage or blemishes, shows slight signs of use, has minor accessories missing, or the packaging has been replaced to better protect the item, we will assign the condition of "very good."

I'm not arguing either way whether a full Office license qualifies as "minor". :/

I'm not certain that Amazon would be accountable in this case, since Amazon facilitated the sale but is not the actual merchant. Also, the specific item description over-rules the generic description on the item's main page. In this case:

I'm not arguing either way whether a full Office license qualifies as "minor". :/

Actually in this case Amazon was the merchant and the vendor as they were the ones selling the item at the time and not a third party. The description should be clear when selling an item so to not mislead the consumer.

Both Acer and Microsoft are being vague as to whether 8inch tablets inc. the Iconia W3 come bundled with a product key certificate for office 2013.

Actually in this case Amazon was the merchant and the vendor as they were the ones selling the item at the time and not a third party. The description should be clear when selling an item so to not mislead the consumer.

I was mistaken. You're right when Amazon Warehouse is the seller.

Both Acer and Microsoft are being vague as to whether 8inch tablets inc. the Iconia W3 come bundled with a product key certificate for office 2013.

It is bundled when the item is new. If the item is sold used, then it falls underneath whatever item description was provided for the used item.

I was mistaken. You're right when Amazon Warehouse is the seller.

It is bundled when the item is new. If the item is sold used, then it falls underneath whatever item description was provided for the used item.

There wasn't really a description per se more of a condition, but the didn't explicitly say it doesn't come with the product key so one would it assume otherwise as it does new, it even states this on the box. The software however is fully installed just no key to activate.

how much did you get it for? Can you return it? you can always get the venue 8 pro. I have it and its great. I know that will have the 2013 office card in it.

I paid about ?264 for it don't want a refund, not allowed exchange, just want what should have been included

If you use the factory recovery, does it restore Office 2013? That's where I would think the key is.

I have already done a factory recovery and it does restore office 2013 but not activated. Delving through the OEM folder now

I would have thought it would have activated through the BIOS just like windows does. How odd.

I would call Acer on that one since Office is there but not activating (yes, I realize you have done that).

I recently bought an Acer Iconia W3 64GB from Amazon and one of the things that the selling page clearly states is that I comes with Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2013 and reading reviews and watching reviews on Youtube confirms that a product key card is bundled with the unit.

Unfortunately mine is missing from the box, Amazon say to speak to Acer, Acer seem sketchy on the info and don't seem to know their products and speaking to MS via chat results in the agent abruptly ending the chat.

So my questions are, 

Does the Acer Iconia 64GB 8-inch tablet come bundled with a 'full' version of MS Office H&S 2013?

Should I find the key card with the box?

Who is liable if its missing?

Thanks in advance and yes I know about the poor screen, the tablet was cheap.

Does the Amazon listing have it listed as a feature?

I would have thought it would have activated through the BIOS just like windows does. How odd.

I would call Acer on that one since Office is there but not activating (yes, I realize you have done that).

Just to clarify something as no one else seems to know.

The version of Office 2013 that ships with these tablets is the Home & Student Edition, and though the software will be pre-installed, it will NOT be activated. There will be a card (it's actually a small sheet of paper) with your product license and key printed on it. You need this to activate the product.

And if anyone needs to know HOW I know, simple.  I bought my wife a Toshiba Encore for Christmas, and myself an Asus Transformer Book T100TA.  Both of these tabs have the exact same license card in their boxes.  I also know the Dell Venue 8 Pro does it the same way, so the Acer one will, too.

No they said that due to it being an Amazon Warehouse item I should have expected some items to be missing, I explained that the description needed to reflect this and did not, so they offered a partial refund and I get to keep the item.

Would be good if someone can answer the question as to whether 8inch tablets come with full version of Office 2013 H&S.

Sounds like BS, if the tablet would be missing from the package, that should be normal too then?