Lumia 929 renamed, coming January 16th

WPCentral is reporting that the Lumia 929 will be the first to drop the number designation and be called instead the Lumia Icon.  They also say that it will go on sale January 16th though that may change.

The Lumia Icon is set to be a 5" 1080p device with a quad core snapdragon 800 CPU with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.

http://www.wpcentral.com/verizon-lumia-929-to-be-called-lumia-icon?utm_source=wpc&utm_medium=twitter

I agree with ditching the numbers... with all the various "branches" of different sized devices now, the numbers are starting to get confusing.

I'm the opposite.  I prefer the numbers because they give you a clear idea of the what's low, mid and high range including what's the latest.  Names, on the other hand, are harder to keep track of - especially if Nokia/Microsoft keep churning out phones at the rate they have been.  IMO this is one of the problems HTC have.

it looks good but i think for me at least 5in is too big for a phone. I had a Galaxy S III for a few months and it was 4.7in and i thought it was a bit too big. The Lumia 928 is just right for me.

it looks good but i think for me at least 5in is too big for a phone. I had a Galaxy S III for a few months and it was 4.7in and i thought it was a bit too big. The Lumia 928 is just right for me.

I think I may give this a try when the MS RDP WP8 app arrives. The Phablet is too big.

I agree with ditching the numbers... with all the various "branches" of different sized devices now, the numbers are starting to get confusing.

Me too. I think a lot of people must feel that way.