I need advice

6 members have voted

1. 1. I need advice

• Keep what I have (XP Pro)
    • Format and install legal version

Right now I have the "free" version of XP Professional on my computer. Because I bought a dell laptop over the summer, they are shipping me a free copy of XP (OEM edition, I think). When I recieve the dell copy of xp, should I format and install that one? or keep the current one on my computer? What features would I be losing if I did format?

Well, i'd install the legal way but i guess that also depends on what XP your getting for free. Is this OEM Professional or just Home. If you get home, just leave what you have on it right now i suppose.... but pro is better more features i suppose.

oh..so the fact that I'm using NTFS right now practically all but leads me to my conclusion that I should stick with pro, unless I get the legal version of that

Also, if I get the legal version of pro, do I still have to format and reinstall the legal version? or can I just use the legal cd whenever it asks for the xp pro cd?

I would recommend the legal copy. You can then get all the support features if somthig goes wrong.

If you are a student, you can get Pro Upgrade for a very very cheap price so try that if you would like to keep Pro.