PS4, GTA5 top Google gaming searches for 2013

The PlayStation 4 and Grand Theft Auto V were the top gaming-themed Google searches for 2013 in the United States, according to the company's annual Zeitgeist report released today.

GTA V led the top trending searches in the Video Games category, while the PS4 took the top spot in the Tech Gadgets sector, beating out the likes of Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5S.

The Xbox One was the fourth biggest trending search for Consumer Electronics on a worldwide basis, but was not featured in any United States-specific lists.

Google defines "trending" as search topics with the largest increase in search volume since the previous period.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-gta-5-top-google-gaming-searches-for-2013/1100-6416767/

Video Games:

1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. Cookie Clicker
  3. Atari Breakout
  4. Candy Crush
  5. BioShock Infinite
  6. Cube World
  7. Battlefield 4
  8. Neverwinter
  9. SimCity
  10. Skylanders: Swap Force

Tech Gadgets:

1. PlayStation 4
  2. Samsung Galaxy S4
  3. iPhone 5s
  4. iPhone 5c
  5. iPad Air
  6. iPad mini
  7. HTC One
  8. Chromecast
  9. Nexus 5
  10. iPhone 6

The lists are for US searches.  I'm absolutely shocked that XBox 1 wasn't in the top 10, even if just because of the PR blunders in May / June.

...I'm absolutely shocked that XBox 1 wasn't in the top 10...

Well, it was in all news all the time because of this PR blunders so people didn't had to look for it to far :D

I'm actually interested that the Xbox One wasn't included because of the PR blunder that was E3, that generated a lot of buzz and countless articles. Also interesting that people are already keen on the iPhone 6, some impatient buggers on Google.

It is a great game but having finish it on PS3 i don't think i am buying it for the PS4 just for the graphics upgrade (although it is gonna be a noticable change).

Maybe buy it used at a later point or after a significant price drop.

I'm actually interested that the Xbox One wasn't included because of the PR blunder that was E3, that generated a lot of buzz and countless articles. Also interesting that people are already keen on the iPhone 6, some impatient buggers on Google.

I think maybe keyword searches for the PR blunder were different.

Maybe DRM, 180, 24hr, online, checks, etc search terms were used rather than just xbox.