• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,721 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:05

I believe the drones are probably more like the quad copters you can purchase from hobby stores. Not the Reaper type drones a lot of us are thinking of.

The FBI have used them before to surveil the US population.

Guess the FBI can just fly them at night and not be seen/shot it?

Small drones like that are not used for surveillance, but for tactical assistance before and during an operation. You'd have to be pretty stupid to mess with a FBI tactical team getting ready to take someone down, that or the target, but then you're going down anyway.

#32 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 17:51

Small drones like that are not used for surveillance, but for tactical assistance before and during an operation. You'd have to be pretty stupid to mess with a FBI tactical team getting ready to take someone down, that or the target, but then you're going down anyway.

Right you are though it does say on occasion they've used Predator drones but I don't see this vote doing much other than publicity. 

#33 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 17:56

Drone hunting permits?  Okie dokie, just what we need.  Shooting into the air, shooting at a low flying plane by mistake, etc.

Will this be all year long or will there be a specific season.  (Got to catch those naked terrorists during the hot summer sunbathing.)

The thing is if they use the drones like they use in Pakistan, they fly thousands of feet in the air. You'd never be able to hit one with any kind of hunting rifle or shotgun.

#34 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• 2,098 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Yellow 1020 w/ 8.1

Posted 20 December 2013 - 18:01

Just a way for the local gov't to take your $25.00. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that anyone who shoots down a drone in the US would be in a huge amount of trouble.

#35 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• 5,202 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 19:10

everyone shoot your firearms into the air! whats the worst that could happen 

:D This is such a south park line..

#36 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,956 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:56

but how can they tell that drones actually a U.S govt's drones? and not some private pakistani citizen drones?

#37 MindTrickz

MindTrickz

That's no way to treat a lady!

• 1,287 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:13

Okay, let's say that I have got a "Drone Hunting Permit", and I go out and shoot down a reaper type drone. Those drones cost $16.9 million dollars per unit. What exactly is stopping the federal government from coming after me with 'Destruction of Government Property' charges? Because the penalty for that is (depending on if the damage exceeds $100) a fine of up to $250,000 dollars, ten years imprisonment, or both.

When you consider the above; all of sudden the $100 dollar for shooting a drone is not that attractive.

This is a reaper drone:

Reaper-Drone.jpg

#38 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

• 702 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:47

man i need to go to Colorado. Mounting a drone above my fireplace would be awesome....anyone know a good taxidermist that can stuff a drone for me.

#39 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,399 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:30

Clearly the solution is for drones to become more affordable so ordinary citizens can arm themselves with their own drones....

#40 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,000 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:33

What is the outcome of this? Obviously federal law overturns State Laws, but how can a State legalise something thats against federal law? Would the state stand up for an individual if they managed to bring down a Government drone?

Friendly_PREDATOR_MISSILE_by_adrak.jpg

#41 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,721 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:31

Okay, let's say that I have got a "Drone Hunting Permit", and I go out and shoot down a reaper type drone. Those drones cost $16.9 million dollars per unit. What exactly is stopping the federal government from coming after me with 'Destruction of Government Property' charges? Because the penalty for that is (depending on if the damage exceeds $100) a fine of up to $250,000 dollars, ten years imprisonment, or both.

When you consider the above; all of sudden the $100 dollar for shooting a drone is not that attractive.

This is a reaper drone:

Reaper-Drone.jpg

Never mind the AA missile they would need to shoot it down is significantly more expensive than a 100 dollars.

#42 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,462 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:51

What is the outcome of this? Obviously federal law overturns State Laws, but how can a State legalise something thats against federal law? Would the state stand up for an individual if they managed to bring down a Government drone?

attachicon.gifFriendly_PREDATOR_MISSILE_by_adrak.jpg

States are legalizing marijuana, which is against federal law, but they're not hurting anybody and the feds have said they won't pursue it.  However, shoot down a multi-million dollar un-manned aircraft because your local laws say you can, and see how fast the feds decide to pursue you, lol.

#43 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,956 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:52

States are legalizing marijuana, which is against federal law, but they're not hurting anybody and the feds have said they won't pursue it.  However, shoot down a multi-million dollar un-manned aircraft because your local laws say you can, and see how fast the feds decide to pursue you, lol.

but i doubt fed can extract much money from the hunters though