bzOkGAb.jpg

1477819_10201069276911203_1966981732_n-5

Source: http://neogaf.com/fo...ad.php?t=736870

#2 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 December 2013 - 14:28

Nice, assuming the guy isn't part of some dev team, Sony could be fairly close to rolling this out to their user base! Quite exicited (despite the fact I don't own a PS4) what Sony do with this, could be very good for gaming if it works well enough.

#3 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:03

Nice, assuming the guy isn't part of some dev team, Sony could be fairly close to rolling this out to their user base! Quite exicited (despite the fact I don't own a PS4) what Sony do with this, could be very good for gaming if it works well enough.

It's coming to PS3 as well.

#4 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:06

It's coming to PS3 as well.

I sacrificed my PS3 to fund my Xbox One too :(

#5 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:07

I sacrificed my PS3 to fund my Xbox One too :(

Don't know how anyone does this, my PS3 backlog is crazy and there's more to add to it next year! I'm playing my PS3 more than my PS4 right now lol.

#6 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:09

Will be awesome to have cloud gaming.  The upcoming PS4 games are plentiful, but will be nice to rock the PS3 games again.  My PS3 was stolen a few years ago :(

#7 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:17

Don't know how anyone does this, my PS3 backlog is crazy and there's more to add to it next year! I'm playing my PS3 more than my PS4 right now lol.

I'm a blind fool who wanted an Xbox One too much, this was the only way I could convince myself (and the misses) that I could affiord to do so. In reality I didn't have a backlog of games and I preferred gaming on my 360 (which was also sacrificed) so it wasn't a massive loss but if money wasn't a problem and I wasn't a fool for being attracted to the shiny I wouldnt have gotten rid of it.

#8 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:23

Isn't it a given, that streaming cannot possibly be as good as the real thing, due to lag and image quality?

Therefore, why would you want it? (on any console)

#9 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:42

Isn't it a given, that streaming cannot possibly be as good as the real thing, due to lag and image quality?

Therefore, why would you want it? (on any console)

Actually to be fair for most people (read: not professional hardcore gamers) it's actually not a big issue any more. The only time it's going to be a massive issue is in games where sub-second input reaction time is critical, but this is mostly for fighters and the occasional FPS anyway - for games like Uncharted, or Last of Us, and especially games like LA Noir or Heavy Rain, the 1-second-lag (if that) isn't a massive issue. I mean, I can't say this is true for the Gaikai service, but I believe the general rule of thumb is that if you can put up with the wireless controllers of the GCN/PS2 days, you shouldn't really care too much about lag in cloud gaming.

#10 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 19 December 2013 - 17:20

I am really interested in seeing how the final product works and how they might charge for this.

#11 firey

firey

Posted 19 December 2013 - 17:23

I am really interested in seeing how the final product works and how they might charge for this.

Hoping: Service = Free to PSN Members [no time limits, access to free ps3 games,etc], register PS3 games by putting them in the PS4.. or buying digital licenses.  Any supported registered game could then be played.

#12 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 19 December 2013 - 18:06

Hoping: Service = Free to PSN Members [no time limits, access to free ps3 games,etc], register PS3 games by putting them in the PS4.. or buying digital licenses.  Any supported registered game could then be played.

That would be amazing. I'm all for that.

That's also probably why it won't be that :laugh:

#13 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:18

The free service that firey mentioned would be great but I think most likely you will need to be a PS Plus subscriber to use the PS cloud service.

#14 Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:22

If this works well I hope Microsoft will eventually integrate this into the Xbox One. It would be a good fit because of how much they have been pushing cloud computing as of late. I can't wait to see how well this works.

#15 firey

firey

Posted 20 December 2013 - 15:10

The free service that firey mentioned would be great but I think most likely you will need to be a PS Plus subscriber to use the PS cloud service.

When I said PSN Members I meant PSN Plus.  I guess I look at memberships as a paid for thing.  So that's basically in line what I was thinking.  I assume will also have cloud saves akin to what we have now.