Need Help with Staying Within at&t dsl caps

All the machines have no torrent software installed--I triple checked that part earlier today, scanned full scans all systems.   been working on solving this issue for a few days now, getting there slowly so far..will see what the bandwidth meters say or give any clue as to actual machine possibly.

Only other program I left installed on my HP P6-2133W Desktop was HP Support Assistant, not sure if that is really needed, if not i'll rip it out from Admin account early tomorrow morning--think uninstalling from Admin account shouldn't cause any issues on user account I hope

You can just uninstall HP Support Assistant since it isn't that useful anyway.

Done removed HP support Assistant, NO neighbors or guests have wireless key, I reset it this week to one hard to guess, heck I can't even guess it--securely saved on a bitlocker encrypted flash drive with also a tough password to even get into that

Done removed HP support Assistant, NO neighbors or guests have wireless key, I reset it this week to one hard to guess, heck I can't even guess it--securely saved on a bitlocker encrypted flash drive with also a tough password to even get into that

That's some excellent protection, good for you.

As BudMan also suggested, just install a bandwidth meter on all your computers to check consumption. I use Networx. It's free and quite feature rich.

I would really suggest you put the meter on the box playing SL, that from everything your saying seems to be the only possible suspect of using such bandwidth. From this wiki

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Lag

Says there is audio and video streaming in the game? And that min required is 500Kbps -- if that was all it was using it would be 5.4GB a day -- but seems it prob uses more than 500Kbps, says that it min required for it to play good.

A connection speed of at least 500 kilobits per seconds (kbps) is needed to run Second Life adequately.

So I bet there is your problem - stop playing SL 24x7 and you should be fine. But a meter on that machine, and see what sl is using exactly.

did you get it on the one your playing the game on? This is the most likely top talker - what meter did you use?

Networx Meter, so far after a few hours on Second life just today is 1.81gbs---will get it on rest of machines shortly soon as family allows me access to there machines, they were doing something on there machines earlier.

Did Cut as much SL life media as I can, lowered draw distance, upped cache file size, been in Secondlife for 5 years, so doing all I can to continue using it