laptop review reqired

hi

can anyone please give me a feedback/ review to this laptop

HP Pavilion 15-n012TX Laptop

I am worried about its clock speed ... 1.6 ghz

Is there any competitors to this laptop in this price band ?  how good Lenovo Essential G510 (59-382826)   here ?

What will you be doing with the laptop? Most users aren't doing many CPU intensive tasks/workloads anyway. For example, browsing the web or making word documents isn't particularly CPU intensive. People tend to over-estimate the need for a highly clocked processor.

I checked and it looks to me like that processor can turbo up to 2.6ghz anyway if need be.

Just a general note and this is just my personal experience (although many have had the same experiences regarding overheating problems etc).

I am also looking to buy a laptop this Christmas and being a previous owner of three HP's ( bought the first one,second one was a present and third one it was given by my university as a part of my Master and was included in the tuition so all three of them were brand new) i am not even considering that brand anymore. I am looking at Dell,Lenovo, Asus and Sony.

I refuse to even visit the site of HP and just look at models not only because of bad quality hardware but also horrible support which i can not stress enough and is a topic by itself.

I would advise you to look something at the specs you want in another company.

What will you be doing with the laptop?

will run  stock/commodity  market trading  software.

these softwares will run 24x7.

don't  want any performance  issue or  irritating system hang.

Please suggest suitable laptop for this purpose.

Let me know also if there is any specific tech spec I need to  look at  for this purpose.

I don't trust HP. My friend went through too many of them while I was still with my Dell.

Lenovo are a solid brand in my experience. I haven't used the G510 model though.

Don't worry about a low clock-rate. Laptops' CPUs operate at ultra low voltages for heating and energy effieciency reasons.

And as it's been already mentioned above, Lenovo is a much more preferable brand compared to HP.

Ok.  In lenovo  G510 model  spec says it has Rambo Drive.

I am not sure what it is ....  can you please tell whether I can write CD/DVD   with a Rambo Drive ?  ......this is important.

Ok.  In lenovo  G510 model  spec says it has Rambo Drive.

I am not sure what it is ....  can you please tell whether I can write CD/DVD   with a Rambo Drive ?  ......this is important.

Yes, you can. It's just a name Lenovo uses for DVD writers.

I have purchased HP Pavilion 15-n012TX Laptop.

since lenova is not available here.

I find HP mouse pad is not smooth .....it works ...but not that much responsive ...or smoothing experience.

Is it a driver issue ?

I got windows 8 pre-installed in it.

I have purchased HP Pavilion 15-n012TX Laptop.

since lenova is not available here.

I find HP mouse pad is not smooth .....it works ...but not that much responsive ...or smoothing experience.

Is it a driver issue ?

I got windows 8 pre-installed in it.

What brand of touchpad is it? Typically synaptic touchpads are the most responsive and smooth (especially for gestures) in my experience. The alps touchpads I've had are rather poor in comparison.

Maybe the wrong thing to worry about was the processor :-/

Why are you wasting money on consumer grade equipment when what you need is business class equipment? 

You should be looking at Dell Vostros, or whatever it is they are called now, Lenovo Think Pads or HP Elitebooks

How to check this ?

The driver for the touchpad will have the brand (support website for example, or just check the driver configurations for the touchpad) (it may list it in the model information also).