Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas? Xmas or Christmas?

40 members have voted

1. 1. Christmas or Xmas?

• Christmas
    • Xmas
  2. 2. Merry or Happy Christmas?

• Merry
    • Happy

Quick poll, what do you usually say:

Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas?

Do you usually write xmas or Christmas?

Me:

Merry Christmas (and a HAPPY new year)

Christmas

Never the others.

I generally write "Xmas", it's shorter, I'm lazy, and I'm also quite the atheist.

I say "Merry Christmas", because that's the traditional/expected thing to say.  I might also say "Have a good Christmas"

Neither had I until the other day. All my family were saying it. I was so confused and the only one saying Merry Christmas.

Never once heard anyone ever say "happy christmas" in my life.

I generally write "Xmas", it's shorter, I'm lazy, and I'm also quite the atheist.

I say "Merry Christmas", because that's the traditional/expected thing to say.  I might also say "Have a good Christmas"

Xmas has nothing to do with being athiest, just btw. Though on a similar note, I'm also athiest and I may say Xmas at times just because I know some Christians incorrectly think that it is an athiest's way of "taking Christ out of Christmas" just to be a dick and correct them. :laugh: I take odd enjoyment out of educating people about their own religion.

I say Merry Christmas and typically type the same as well. It's not hard for me to type out the extra letters. I've also never heard anyone say Happy Christmas personally, but that may be more common in other parts of the world.