Answered Go to the full post win7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 December 2013 - 20:42

How long does Windows store credentials on a machine when accessing a share on another machine?

Example: I shared a folder on PC A (password protected) and accessed it on PC B. When I entered my username and password for PC A I made sure not to check Remember my credentials. However, when I go back to PC B later I am able to access the share on PC A without being prompted to enter my info again. I verified that no credentials for PC A were saved in User Accounts.

How do I clear or reset this so that PC B can not access the shared folder without once again being prompted for credentials?

Best Answer ]SK[ , 21 December 2013 - 20:45

Untick the option to save password?  Access will work though for as long as the user on PC B remains logged in afaik.

Go to the full post

#2 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 21 December 2013 - 20:45   Best Answer

Untick the option to save password?  Access will work though for as long as the user on PC B remains logged in afaik.

#3 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 17
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 21 December 2013 - 20:46

Don't suppose you're using the same username/password on both machines by chance? 

#4 OP Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 22 December 2013 - 18:45

Option was unticked, but you're right after logging out and back in on PC B I was again promted for credentials.