• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:06

Ok, that was weird...  How did I make a blank post?  I can't post more than one line?

Edit:  Ok, trying this from my laptop now.

Edit 2: This is getting frustrating.

Edit 3:  Apparently when I type this in quotes:

http://

it erases that whole line.

Edit 4:  OK, using code seemed to work.  So I fixed my problem.  I had to type what's in the box above before the address and then it worked.  I'm so used to browsers automatically inserting it that I overlooked it.

#17 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:31

Ok, that was weird...  How did I make a blank post?  I can't post more than one line?

Edit:  Ok, trying this from my laptop now.

Edit 2: This is getting frustrating.

Edit 3:  Apparently when I type this in quotes:

http://
it erases that whole line.

Edit 4:  OK, using code seemed to work.  So I fixed my problem.  I had to type what's in the box above before the address and then it worked.  I'm so used to browsers automatically inserting it that I overlooked it.

Ah ok, good to hear it was simple. Hopefully you enjoy using it. Unfortunately, the ps4 browser does not offer the support necessary to access the web ui, so its pretty much out for my local media playback needs.

The developers are seriously courting MS at the moment to get a native app on the X1. They already have a Win 8 developer that has an app in beta that they could use as the basis for their X1 app, so the pieces are there. MS has been a bit resistant at the moment to allowing apps for local media playback, but that is likely just due to the early nature of the X1 rollout store/software wise.

It will happen eventually and the X1 is really the only chance for a third party app developer to put such apps on a console.

#18 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:34

Ah ok, good to hear it was simple. Hopefully you enjoy using it. Unfortunately, the ps4 browser does not offer the support necessary to access the web ui, so its pretty much out for my local media playback needs.

The developers are seriously courting MS at the moment to get a native app on the X1. They already have a Win 8 developer that has an app in beta that they could use as the basis for their X1 app, so the pieces are there. MS has been a bit resistant at the moment to allowing apps for local media playback, but that is likely just due to the early nature of the X1 rollout store/software wise.

It will happen eventually and the X1 is really the only chance for a third party app developer to put such apps on a console.

That really blew my mind when I read it in the MediaBrowser forums that the one thing MS didn't like about their app was that it played local media files.  I do hope it's not a long term stance with them.

Another interesting thing is that someone posted how jealous they were of people discussing the Xbox One since they couldn't get one in Australia because it was sold out everywhere until 2014.  I remember someone here saying that Xbox Ones were everywhere and it was PS4s that you couldn't find.  (I'm sure you can't find PS4s either).

Edit:  And I guess you saw that post too ;)

#19 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:41

That really blew my mind when I read it in the MediaBrowser forums that the one thing MS didn't like about their app was that it played local media files.  I do hope it's not a long term stance with them.

Another interesting thing is that someone posted how jealous they were of people discussing the Xbox One since they couldn't get one in Australia because it was sold out everywhere until 2014.  I remember someone here saying that Xbox Ones were everywhere and it was PS4s that you couldn't find.  (I'm sure you can't find PS4s either).

Edit:  And I guess you saw that post too ;)

Yeah I saw your post :laugh:

Apparently there are shortages in Australia and elsewhere. Some people may not be running into shortages everywhere in every country, but its clearly happening to some.

As far as the app issue, yeah that is disappointing to hear, but I really just don't think MS wasn't quite ready to allow any non gaming apps through their ID@Xbox program. It probably shocked them to see the MB team submit something :laugh:

MS clearly demoed non gaming apps being developed for the X1, so that support is coming. I think its just a matter of them getting their store and app situation in order behind the scenes and then we will see apps like MB make it through.