• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 JohnsonBox

JohnsonBox

Neowinian ELITE

• 2,757 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:36

Here in China, some expert says:

In the past two decades, (almost all) Americans have been reassured that GMF (genetically modified food) are safe and they have been eating GMF safely for twenty years.

Has the expert told a truth? Or has he lied?

#2 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 6,793 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:40

Sure...

fat-guy-eating-grapes.jpg

#3 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,537 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:44

Here in China, some expert says:

In the past two decades, (almost all) Americans have been reassured that GMF (genetically modified food) are safe and they have been eating GMF safely for twenty years.

Has the expert told a truth? Or has he lied?

thanks to late night, audience free congressional sessions, it is not required to label genetically modified food in the US.

#4 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 7,632 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:48

Cripe, in today's market, with all the fertilizers, super vitamins and pesticides and other crap used in and on everything, isn't it ALL food genetically modified?! Do you wonder why there is such an obesity problem in the U.S. ?

Excellent reply +D. FiB3R!!

#5 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,537 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:00

Cripe, in today's market, with all the fertilizers, super vitamins and pesticides and other crap used in and on everything, isn't it ALL food genetically modified?! Do you wonder why there is such an obesity problem in the U.S. ?

I don't think they're related. You can genetically cross Broccoli and Cauliflower and call id cauccoli and it will still only have about 25 calories a cup. Genetic modifications has nothing to do with obesity. Just sayin'.

#6 +ians18

ians18

Neowin's Best

• 776 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1u /8.1 RT /7, WP8 (U3) "Lumia Black", OSX M
  • Phone: Microsoft Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:03

Most all food around the world, even the seeds you buy, are genetically modified. NVM what the governments tell you. Have you eaten corn? Genetically modified.

Corn the way you think of it today is not what it was before. Most meats are fed antibiotics to keep them from getting infected. Most foods have preservates. And anything that says natural doesn't means it's healthy (think lard).

I studied Biology in Agriculture for a little bit.

#7 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,515 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:15

The obesity problem is due to people eating too much food (quantity-wise) and too much crap. If you get fast food every day with a candy bar in between meals and don't work out in any sense of the word, you're going to end up fat, GMF or not.

#8 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:19

Sorry, I don't eat 'greedy mean old-people'  :laugh:

#9 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,909 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:06

I have no background in the matter, but I would say that it isn't hard to believe. I never understood the big deal about it either way. Then again I've never really paid attention to food, I just eat it.

#10 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,592 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:10

IME the American public is very divided on whether GMOs are safe or not. I have a difficult time seeing why the majority of genetic modifications for yield and insect resistance could be harmful for humans, but that is aside from the issue of whether everyone feels that they're safe or otherwise.

#11 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,206 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:07

Most all food around the world, even the seeds you buy, are genetically modified. NVM what the governments tell you. Have you eaten corn? Genetically modified.
Corn the way you think of it today is not what it was before. Most meats are fed antibiotics to keep them from getting infected. Most foods have preservates. And anything that says natural doesn't means it's healthy (think lard).

I studied Biology in Agriculture for a little bit.

No, the anti biotics thing in meat is all American.

Fruits and vegetables are much less gmo outside US as well, and has to be labelled.

#12 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 29,873 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:18

Thankfully in Europe it's pretty much isolated to livestock feed at the moment, if it ever becomes mainstream you can also be sure it will be clearly labeled (like everything else is these days here). This also goes for high fructose syrup use, which is another ongoing health and safety issue people need to look into more (imo).

#13 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,988 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 23 December 2013 - 13:32

Thankfully in Europe it's pretty much isolated to livestock feed at the moment, if it ever becomes mainstream you can also be sure it will be clearly labeled (like everything else is these days here). This also goes for high fructose syrup use, which is another ongoing health and safety issue people need to look into more (imo).

Really anything Corn based (including the hfs) is considered bad.  As Corn is one of the biggest GMO'd crops out there.  The problem is, everything we eat is refined to the point where it is no longer nutritionally good.  We break sugar down until all it is is sweet, without any of the nutrients that are originally found.   Vegetables used in oils are no longer healthy and don't provide the benefits of eating olives, or others.  Meat is so injected, and.. well.. fake in most cases that there is no nutrition value like it used to have.

I buy 99% of my meat from a local market which gets all their meat locally and grain fed (also get veggies there).   We also get free range chickens from a guy who lives near a farmer, as well as free range eggs.  I also avoid gluten when possible, and try to only eat organic sweets.  I buy chocolate bars, but they are 100% cane sugar, organic cocoa, etc.   They cost a pretty penny, but after eating like I do, a standard chocolate bar would be way way too sweet, and wouldn't taste near as good.  Same with pop, I buy pop but it's made out of organic cane juice, natural flavors (ie real ginger).  None of the High Fructose Corn Syrup ####.

#14 ChuckFinley

ChuckFinley

Neowinian Senior

• 9,263 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 13:48

You know I thought OK for a change I will buy the Organic Heinz Beans. They are so much smaller than the regular Heinz Beans. Makes me wonder what happened to the regular ones :-\

#15 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,206 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 13:52

Really anything Corn based (including the hfs) is considered bad.  As Corn is one of the biggest GMO'd crops out there.  The problem is, everything we eat is refined to the point where it is no longer nutritionally good.  We break sugar down until all it is is sweet, without any of the nutrients that are originally found.   Vegetables used in oils are no longer healthy and don't provide the benefits of eating olives, or others.  Meat is so injected, and.. well.. fake in most cases that there is no nutrition value like it used to have.
I buy 99% of my meat from a local market which gets all their meat locally and grain fed (also get veggies there).   We also get free range chickens from a guy who lives near a farmer, as well as free range eggs.  I also avoid gluten when possible, and try to only eat organic sweets.  I buy chocolate bars, but they are 100% cane sugar, organic cocoa, etc.   They cost a pretty penny, but after eating like I do, a standard chocolate bar would be way way too sweet, and wouldn't taste near as good.  Same with pop, I buy pop but it's made out of organic cane juice, natural flavors (ie real ginger).  None of the High Fructose Corn Syrup ****.

Really, americans( yes in hours case that is all of NA including Canadians) need to stop thinking the rest of the world is like them, cause a lot of your claims don't apply outside of NA.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!