Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Prosidius

Prosidius

Geek.

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:18

I'm editing my resume and adding some horizontal lines to it.  I got the lines added but I can't figure out how to reduce the margin/spacing in between the line and the heading below it:

Capture.JPG

I've tried changing the paragraph spacing to 1 and not allowing a space between paragraphs but that doesn't seem to do it.  

Any help with this?

Thanks.  :)  

Best Answer zhangm , 24 December 2013 - 06:34

I adjusted the Spacing Before of style Heading 3 to be reduced. This was the main reason that you had so much space between the dotted lines and your next heading. I've also made a new style called Divider and assigned it to each of your horizontal dividers, which might make it easier for you to adjust them independently of the rest of the text styles. Go to the full post

#2 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:19

Post a zip of the document or an example file where you replace any text you don't want public?

My guess here would be to apply a new style to paragraphs containing the horizontal lines, and set the margins/padding on that style to be reduced.

#3 OP Prosidius

Prosidius

Geek.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:35

Sure, here you go:

Attached File  Resume.zip   13.92KB   1 downloads

#4 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:34   Best Answer

I adjusted the Spacing Before of style Heading 3 to be reduced. This was the main reason that you had so much space between the dotted lines and your next heading. I've also made a new style called Divider and assigned it to each of your horizontal dividers, which might make it easier for you to adjust them independently of the rest of the text styles.

Attached Files

#5 OP Prosidius

Prosidius

Geek.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 15:11

Thanks.  :)  

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!