After Earth

AfterEarthCrashShipPosterLowQbig1.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1815862/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It's official. After Earth does not suck. It was actually pretty good. I mean I wouldn't give it a 5 out of 5 more like a 3 out of 5 but you'd think it was a 1 out of 5 judging what people are saying about it.

Over all I enjoyed myself watching it in my theater :)

l4um.jpg

Gonna have to disagree that it was an okay. I felt like Will Smiths kid wasn't even acting. He was just being himself only with a CGI background and animals.

Which one are you disagreeing with. Did you like or dislike the movie?

Which one are you disagreeing with. Did you like or dislike the movie?

I thought it was terrible. If they focused more on the adventure than on the bratty kid then it might have been an okay movie, though.

I don't think the film would have been especially good no matter who was in it, but, for me, Jaden Smith killed any possible redeeming qualities it might have had.

• 1 year later...

Having just seen this movie... I think Will Smith needs to "take a knee" and seriously consider his kids future in acting!

1/10. Worst Will Smith movie ever.

Having just seen this movie... I think Will Smith needs to "take a knee" and seriously consider his kids future in acting!

1/10. Worst Will Smith movie ever.

The funniest thing is, who directed it , and the fact they didn't want to tell anybody.. 

M. Night Shyamalan

The funniest thing is, who directed it , and the fact they didn't want to tell anybody.. 

M. Night Shyamalan

Yeah, but not ALL his movies suck.  Unbreakable, for example, is a really good movie, though admittedly it's a little slow paced at times.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This movie has received SO MUCH hate.

I actually liked it. I wouldn't praise it, but I would say it's worth a watch.

As for Jaden, he's still coming into his own. He's not his dad-- by a LONG shot--

but his acting in this is far better than Day The Earth Stood Still. It's a slow

process, but he is getting better.

In my opinion, at least.

Yeah, but not ALL his movies suck.  Unbreakable, for example, is a really good movie, though admittedly it's a little slow paced at times.

Almost completely agree; I felt it was paced just fine. But after Unbreakable, it was clear that M. Night was more interested in following the same formula to achieve success: write a film about something mysterious with a major twist ending and don't forget to write yourself a character to play. That became so bad that in Lady in the Water, he gave himself the most important part.

Of course, we can't forget Signs, where a group of (obviously) intelligent aliens comes to a planet that is made up mostly of something their fatally allergic to. I say "obviously intelligent" simply because they are advanced enough to have space craft that can bring them to Earth, so they can't be stupid. Although, given the film, M. Night sure is or he's clueless.

I won't lie, I'm a massive M. Night fan, of his first two movies, and I even enjoyed The Village, but the other films have sucked, SO BAD. I want an Unbreakable 2, but I'm almost afraid of M. Night being anywhere near it.

Of course, we can't forget Signs, where a group of (obviously) intelligent aliens comes to a planet that is made up mostly of something their fatally allergic to. I say "obviously intelligent" simply because they are advanced enough to have space craft that can bring them to Earth, so they can't be stupid. Although, given the film, M. Night sure is or he's clueless.

Never mind the script ripped plot points heavily out of War of the worlds...