• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 D!ABOL!C

D!ABOL!C

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: HTC One (M8) Android 4.4.3

Posted 25 December 2013 - 15:58

Hello there. I'm looking at a budget video card for my parent's PC. It's nothing fancy. The CPU is an Intel E5200 and the mobo is an MSI P6NGM-L and I have 4GB of RAM on it running Windows 7 64bit. I'm not looking to play anything fancy, I primarily play TF2 but with the onboard graphics it's pretty much a slide show. I personally don't care either AMD or NVIDIA. I'm going to be shopping at Newegg. Thanks for reading!

#2 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 25 December 2013 - 16:15

For a low-ish price i'd probably go with something like this: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161386

While i don't know if $70 is 'budget' enough for you, going much below that pretty much starts dropping into cards that really aren't worth the cost at all.

#3 OP D!ABOL!C

D!ABOL!C

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: HTC One (M8) Android 4.4.3

Posted 25 December 2013 - 16:30

For a low-ish price i'd probably go with something like this: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161386

While i don't know if $70 is 'budget' enough for you, going much below that pretty much starts dropping into cards that really aren't worth the cost at all.

I'll take a look at that one.

You're right about price point. I saw some in the $30 to $40 range but they would probably no better than the on-board card I currently am using. I would say the $70 range will be perfect. I don't plan on upgrading this computer as it fits my parents needs plenty.