Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PulseAudio

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I know it does this automatically in GNOME, but I wanted to start fresh with XFCE4. Not with all the other crap I never use.

Anyway, I don't see any sound option on top bar, nor sound option in "Settings Manager". So I open up synaptics and found that pulseaudio wasn't installed. So installed it, and all the dependencies with it.

But when I run pulseaudio in run program, nothing happens.

I tried looking online, and i saw pulseaudio-equalizer, so i look that up in synaptics, nope. There's something I'm missing out of all of this.

Currently, the sound is going through my monitor speakers (HDMI). I tried looking up on how to change that, but I'm staring at a wall of code I can't read.

Posted

Have you installed/tried using pavucontrol?

Posted

Like Boo Berry said, you should get Pavucontrol to configure your sound devices:

post-125341-0-74027000-1388101231.jpg

(Excuse the Polish, I grabbed the first relevant image off an image search)

I think the XFCE4 mixer applet supports Pulseaudio as well for quick volume adjustments, try and see if you can add it to your panel. I can't tell you for sure atm because I still haven't re-installed Linux on my new rig.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you just need to right-click on panel->add new item to panel-> volume control mixer in xfce. It's been simple when I've used it anyway

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks all, added the mixer, but then changed code to use pavucontrol instead. Thanks all :)

1 person likes this