Or maybe, just maybe you can buy your presents earlier? Like you said Christmas isnt unexpected so why the ###### do people feel the need to wait until the last day? I live near a mall and for the past week trying to go anywhere has been an absolute nightmare thanks to the giant traffic jam caused by morons who waited until the last week. A drive that usually takes 10mins took me an hour thanks to the backup.

You say that like every package that was shipped in the day or two up to Christmas were all Christmas gifts, what about everything else that was shipped. People rely on UPS/FedEx to ship their prescriptions/medications, perhaps they should have had to do some extra work to get the items they have paid for. I don't get the arguement and I agree with LaP, don't tell me you can do something, take my premium charged money to do so, then not do it and say "whoops, oh well".

You say that like every package that was shipped in the day or two up to Christmas were all Christmas gifts, what about everything else that was shipped. People rely on UPS/FedEx to ship their prescriptions/medications, perhaps they should have had to do some extra work to get the items they have paid for. I don't get the arguement and I agree with LaP, don't tell me you can do something, take my premium charged money to do so, then not do it and say "whoops, oh well".

Because this was a reason of awful weather, not because UPS and FedEx decided to give everyone the day off. If you use FedEx or UPS' express shipping your package will be sent to Memphis regardless of where it's coming from and where it's going. That's just how they work, every night every single UPS and FedEx plane in the entire US and Canada flies into Memphis. Every early morning every single one of those planes leaves to the regional sorting hubs. They only have so many planes, and if several of them get grounded due to bad weather (guess what if the weather is bad enough they can't fly, they can't just go '###### the FAA I'm going to fly'), it's going to cause delays. UPS and FedEx can't just magically come up with several new planes within 2 hours and get them sent out, that's just not how things work. And even if they could come up with new planes, if the weather is below legal minimums, which it was in several cities, they can't do ###### about it, those planes aren't flying.

Like I already said even here in Oregon which wasn't affected by the ice storm, my friend who worked at FedEx had to put in major major overtime because of all the delayed flights coming in from Memphis. They were doing everything they could do to get those packages delivered, including renting uhauls etc, they didn't just go "well ###### bad weather, alright folks go home and sleep in for the rest of the week."

And the reason I mentioned anything about gifts? Go read the news reports, it's not "well dam my prescriptions were late" it's "OH GOD MY CHRISTMAS WAS RUINED BECAUSE MY PRESENT DIDN'T GET HERE IN TIME." That's the sad bit.