SO what did we get (or give) for Xmas?

The thread I made about donating a little something to Rappy / Damian has now been closed thanks to a user who chose not to express any human kindness but did choose to be vocal about said issue.

This is my last post here, so I wanted to say I've given a small amount to damien@neowin.net (paypal verified address).  It would be lovely if a few others did.  It's not about money, it's about humans showing humans some kindness and helping someone who could do with a night out.  If you disagree, feel free to disagree quietly.

Thanks for lord knows how many years here :)

Just to be clear, I didn't "like" your post for the "I'm leaving" part, but the rest of it. :)

I hope you change your mind dood. (Y)

I don't celebrate Christmas, but to keep the kids from not being "in" with their friends, bought them "christms gifts" :p, and also received Christmas gifts myself. a coffee machine, a jacket, and a rug. I also gifted a bunch of surface RTs to family members and a few friends. the rest got pots and pans or glass cups.

Smart.  RT's would return for a good bit of money so they could buy something nice.  Smart man.

• Like 1

The thread I made about donating a little something to Rappy / Damian has now been closed thanks to a user who chose not to express any human kindness but did choose to be vocal about said issue.

This is my last post here, so I wanted to say I've given a small amount to damien@neowin.net (paypal verified address).  It would be lovely if a few others did.  It's not about money, it's about humans showing humans some kindness and helping someone who could do with a night out.  If you disagree, feel free to disagree quietly.

Thanks for lord knows how many years here :)

Don't leave over one user. :( As I've said before, a lot of members supported you and your idea, so you should consider that before deciding to leave.

This is my last post here, so I wanted to say I've given a small amount to damien@neowin.net (paypal verified address).  It would be lovely if a few others did.  It's not about money, it's about humans showing humans some kindness and helping someone who could do with a night out.  If you disagree, feel free to disagree quietly.[/size]

Thanks for lord knows how many years here :)[/size]

I will say what I said to you in the PM, please don't leave it's an honest and very nice thing you have done for me and my Mother here, I just woke her to tell her and she was amazed there's good in the world so you have made our day :)

• Like 5

I got a Corsair M95 mouse and a K70 keyboard, black work slacks, and some candy. :)

I gave:

Uncle: CD's/DVD's

Aunt: 32 GB flash drive

Nephew: Remote Control Helicopter

Grandma: Keurig Refill cups

Grandfather: A ton of his favorite candy and other small items

Everybody else in my family I have either never met or don't talk to anymore. 

Got:  About 4 shirts and some ties

Gave:

Wife: A Movado watch, tickets to Billy Joel (for both of us), a gift card to spend a day at the spa

Son: 4 3DS games and a case for the 3DS, some clothes.

Various family and friends: too numerous to name individually

I also got an Xbox One in November which I wasn't going to wait to open :) so I guess that was a gift for myself and my son.

At times, giving gifts at Christmas becomes almost mechanical, and a chore; when this happens, it is worth stepping aside for a few moments to consider why exactly you give gifts at Christmas.