SO what did we get (or give) for Xmas?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,536 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:08

The thread I made about donating a little something to Rappy / Damian has now been closed thanks to a user who chose not to express any human kindness but did choose to be vocal about said issue.

This is my last post here, so I wanted to say I've given a small amount to damien@neowin.net (paypal verified address).  It would be lovely if a few others did.  It's not about money, it's about humans showing humans some kindness and helping someone who could do with a night out.  If you disagree, feel free to disagree quietly.

Thanks for lord knows how many years here :)

Just to be clear, I didn't "like" your post for the "I'm leaving" part, but the rest of it. :)

I hope you change your mind dood. (Y)

#77 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:10

I don't celebrate Christmas, but to keep the kids from not being "in" with their friends, bought them "christms gifts" :p, and also received Christmas gifts myself. a coffee machine, a jacket, and a rug. I also gifted a bunch of surface RTs to family members and a few friends. the rest got pots and pans or glass cups.

Smart.  RT's would return for a good bit of money so they could buy something nice.  Smart man.

#78 +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 8,553 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:18

The thread I made about donating a little something to Rappy / Damian has now been closed thanks to a user who chose not to express any human kindness but did choose to be vocal about said issue.

This is my last post here, so I wanted to say I've given a small amount to damien@neowin.net (paypal verified address).  It would be lovely if a few others did.  It's not about money, it's about humans showing humans some kindness and helping someone who could do with a night out.  If you disagree, feel free to disagree quietly.

Thanks for lord knows how many years here :)

Don't leave over one user. :( As I've said before, a lot of members supported you and your idea, so you should consider that before deciding to leave.

#79 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,416 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:24

This is my last post here, so I wanted to say I've given a small amount to damien@neowin.net (paypal verified address).  It would be lovely if a few others did.  It's not about money, it's about humans showing humans some kindness and helping someone who could do with a night out.  If you disagree, feel free to disagree quietly.[/size]

Thanks for lord knows how many years here :)[/size]

I will say what I said to you in the PM, please don't leave it's an honest and very nice thing you have done for me and my Mother here, I just woke her to tell her and she was amazed there's good in the world so you have made our day :)

#80 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,748 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:04

Not a sausage.

#81 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,484 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:11

I got a Corsair M95 mouse and a K70 keyboard, black work slacks, and some candy. :)

I gave:

Uncle: CD's/DVD's

Aunt: 32 GB flash drive

Nephew: Remote Control Helicopter

Grandma: Keurig Refill cups

Grandfather: A ton of his favorite candy and other small items

Everybody else in my family I have either never met or don't talk to anymore. 

#82 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• 7,894 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:36

Got:  About 4 shirts and some ties

Gave:

Wife: A Movado watch, tickets to Billy Joel (for both of us), a gift card to spend a day at the spa

Son: 4 3DS games and a case for the 3DS, some clothes.

Various family and friends: too numerous to name individually

I also got an Xbox One in November which I wasn't going to wait to open :) so I guess that was a gift for myself and my son.

#83 +Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

• 3,463 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:40

tickets to Billy Joel (for both of us)

Okay, now I'm jealous! :p

#84 alexisgoody

alexisgoody

Neowinian

• 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:42

At times, giving gifts at Christmas becomes almost mechanical, and a chore; when this happens, it is worth stepping aside for a few moments to consider why exactly you give gifts at Christmas.